Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch)
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
- Play, create, and share the Super Mario side-scrolling courses of your dreams
- Try a new side-scrolling Mario adventure in Story Mode, with more than 100 built-in courses
- In Course Maker, use a wide range of parts, tools, and more to create your dream course
- Create with a friend on a second Joy-Con controller (sold separately) so you can build cooperatively on a single system
- Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) lets you access Course World, where you can track your rankings, share your creations, leave comments; you can also play Endless Challenge, save online courses locally for later offline play, enjoy online multiplayer mode, and customise your Mii character with fun accessories
- Play the game in TV mode, tabletop mode, and handheld mode
Note: A Nintendo Switch Online membership may be required for online play. Please check the game detail page on Nintendo.com for membership requirements.
Number of Players
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 3086 reviewers who responded, 3001 would recommend this product.
- Even Better Than The First- July 6, 2019
I absolutely loved Super Mario Maker! Being able to create your own levels and try others was mind blowing in 2015. Nintendo's newest Mario Maker improves upon virtually everything from the original. There is now quality control measures in place, so troll levels are far less common, and are taken down much more frequently. The story mode, isn't much of a story, but has over 100 Nintendo designed levels that really show what SMM 2 can do. The multiplayer is a very laggy at times, but honestly that's not why I got the game. There are so many new elements to creating your stages that it really feels like Nintendo has given you the keys to the kingdom.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Mario, the way you want to play!- January 20, 2020
If you live Mario this is a must own game. It is intended for you to have the freedom of custom building your own video game and platforms. But if your like me and don’t care to build but just loves the Mario classics. This game comes with a campaign mode with tons and tons and tons of new levels to the classic games we all loved and enjoy. Honestly don’t waste your money and purchase Super Mario Bros U Deluxe. It’s the same exact game we have been playing on every single Nintendo system. With Mario maker 2 you are able to play the same game but entirely whole new levels! This is a must own title if you enjoy the Super Mario series!!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Son Is Having a Blast!- July 8, 2019
My son really liked the first one so was very excited for the second one. I pre-purchased it for his birthday and it was delivered on release day. He's already created a couple of levels and enjoys watching others attempt his levels and rate them. Boy he's making some tough levels though! Several people were able to complete them so I guess they aren't impossible (you do have to be able to complete the level on your own before publishing to make sure it is possible). His dear old dad struggled and could make it through the first and second area after many, many attempts, but gave up on doing the whole three areas in one life.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.