Tamron EF 70-200mm F/2.8 VC Ultrasonic G2 Lens for Canon - Black
Available online only
- Telephoto zoom lens features a focal length of 70-200mm
- Designed for the Canon DSLR cameras
- Reduced minimum object distance (MOD) to 0.95m (37.4 in) allows a maximum magnification ratio of 1:6.1
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) ring-type motor, along with 2 high-performance microcomputers, ensures excellent focusing speed and accuracy
- Full-time Manual Focus override allows you to make fine adjustments while using AF, without having to switch from AF to MF mode
- Best-in-class VC image stabilization performance is equivalent to 5 stops, according to CIPA standards
- Offers a choice of three VC modes, including one exclusively for panning
- Two exclusive teleconverters, which match the optics of the new SP 70-200mm G2, offer 1.4x and 2.0x magnification, and provide a maximum zoom range up to 400mm
- Lens Cap
- Rear Cap
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 31 reviewers who responded, 31 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Excellent Addition to any collection- March 26, 2021
I went back and forth between the Canon 70-200 and the Tamron 70-200 for MONTHS. Reading all sorts of reviews and research on both lens. Both are FABULOUS lenses. I personally didn’t want to spent $2000+ on a lens YET. so I went with the Tamron and I am blow away. Sharp isn’t even a good way to describe it... RAZOR SHARP. Clear images. It is heavy but that’s the only down fall. *pictures are from my first session with it, Downtown Bangor ME.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing lens- April 13, 2018
I also looked at the Canon 70-200 F2.8 (because I shoot on Canon) and I found that the Tamron far exceeds the Canon for image quality and built in features like image stabilization. One other very important point is the Tamron can focus on objects or subjects that are only about 5 - 7 feet from the lens, making for some awesome Bokeh in your backgrounds. If you're in the market for this type of lens you will not be disappointed with this one!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised by the quality and price!- August 4, 2018
Love this lens. I've been using it for a few months now and I am more than pleased by the quality of this lens. I use a crop sensor camera and the sharpness in the photo is outstanding. The only negative critique I have for this lens is that I hate that the focus ring and zoom ring are flipped and that the ring mechanism is the same as nikon. I've gotten used to it, but if Tamron would fix this I would give it a 5/5.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.