The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch)
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
- RPG and strategy game takes you to Koholint Island, where Link has washed ashore
- Collect magical instruments to awaken the Wind Fish and help Link return home
- Listen to a reawakened soundtrack that helps bring life to Koholint Island
- Earn Chambers and arrange them to complete objectives in the Chamber Dungeon
- Equip more items at once, review key conversations, and navigate the map in new ways for enhanced game play
- Uncover Warp Points that allow you to zip around the island without walking
Number of Players
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 3476 reviewers who responded, 3387 would recommend this product.
- Delivers on Nostalgia- November 1, 2019
If you were a fan of the original Gameboy version, then you won't be disappointed here. It's basically a screen-by-screen remake (except the switch version doesn't constrict your movement to individual screens on the overworld the way the original did), with an updated graphical presentation and newly orchestrated soundtrack. I have many fond memories of playing this game as a kid, and it's fun to be able to revisit an updated version of this adventure. It's a bit shallow compared to modern games, but still lots of fun. I wish there was a bit more play time for the price, but I'd say that the slick presentation and baked in nostalgia were worth it.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Remake with the Spirit of the Original- January 18, 2020
This remake is phenomenal. It captures the essence of the original game but adds a new artistic flair that looks beautiful on the Switch. The addition of being able to map two items for use while keeping sword and shield as their own dedicated buttons keeps combat smooth and less time in menus. This has been a perfect introduction to Zelda for my kids, as Breath of the Wild is a bit beyond them. The puzzles and straightforward aspect of Link’s Awakening is great for short play, as each dungeon adds a new layer of complexity and freedom. Highly recommend the game, and love the hardcore mode if you are already familiar with the game.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Classic- October 7, 2019
This is a faithful remake of Link's Awakening from the GB/GBC era with beautiful updated graphics. It includes the Color Dungeon from the DX version of the original game and has some added features such as the custom dungeon creator. The dungeon creator is a bit drab because it just uses the same rooms from the main story's dungeons so it gets repetitive real quick. There's also a noticeable frame rate issue that happens pretty often any time the overworld is loaded. $60 is pretty steep for a remake of a Game Boy game but Link's Awakening still remains one of my favorite Zelda games. If you haven't played it, you definitely should.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.