Thinkware U1000 4K UHD Dash Cam with Rear Camera & Wi-Fi
- 4K 30fps front camera is switchable to 2K 60fps to deliver crystal-clear, high-quality footage
- 2K QHD rear camera provides high-quality footage of on-the-road incidents
- 150-degree viewing angle offers a broad scope of video coverage to capture every detail in and around your car
- Integrated thermal protection with built-in supercapacitors and a thermal sensor protect the dash cam and preserve its reliability in extreme temperatures
- Anti-File Corruption technology minimizes the risk of lost footage due to bad blocks and data corruption
- Built-in GPS antenna tracks the speed, time, and route history of your vehicle, and enables the dash cam to alert you of upcoming red light cameras and speed cameras
- Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) alerts you to potential forward collisions, lane departures, and front vehicle departures
- 5GHz Wi-Fi connectivity makes it easy to send footage direction to a compatible iOS or Android smartphone with the Thinkware Cloud mobile app
- Included CPL filter eliminates lens flares, light reflections, and windshield glares to enhance the video quality
- Hardwiring cable (included) unlocks optional parking surveillance mode to record events triggered by impact and motion detection, and activates built-in car battery protection system to prevent vehicle battery drain (professional installation recommended)
- Time Lapse in parking mode records footage at 2fps so it can record longer without increasing power consumption
- Energy Saving 2.0 in parking mode records footage only triggered by impacts
- Thinkware Cloud mobile app lets you check your vehicle's location and receive geo-fencing and impact notifications directly on your compatible iOS or Android smartphone
- Included 32GB Thinkware memory card stores up to 99 minutes (1CH) or 65 minutes (2CH) of continuous front and rear driving footage in 4K before auto-looping
- Thinkware's Dashcam Viewer software lets you view your footage on a Windows or Mac OS computer
Connectivity & Media
- 1x 4K Dash Cam with GPS Antenna
- 1 x 2K Rear Backup Camera
- CPL filter
- Hardwiring Kit (for Parking Surveillance Mode)
- 32GB memory card
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 5 reviewers who responded, 4 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great Front/Rear Pair for Pickup Trucks- October 31, 2021
High quality images, excellent control choices for what you choose as “events”, and nicely self-divided folders for organizing them. Had some difficulty connecting my Samsung S21 Ultra phone to the unit but Best Buy was able to help me get the network settings reconfigured. Unobtrusive camera mounts and wiring but have Best Buy do the installation: they know how to hide and connect the wiring harnesses. My pickup has a sliding center rear window and they were going to mount the rear camera off-center, but for the few times I use that window it is easiest to center the camera and simply unplug the rear cable when I want to use the window.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hyped and buggy- June 29, 2020
Bought this during my search for next dash cam after using DOD LS460W for 5 years. Summary: 1. Video quality is good - much better visibility of license plates than my current camera. Rear camera seems to work well. 2. Because the lenses tilt is fixed, the lower half of the video is just vehicle hood. 3. Timestamp on video files tend to vary - not sure why, but sometimes the hour changes by 1, sometimes not. This is disturbing the order of videos on disk, confusing and drives me crazy. 4. Parking mode, the MAIN reason I'm looking for new camera - VERY VERY NOT RELIABLE. Sometimes the video is recorded, most of the times not. I was playing with this for couple of days, bought another HYPED expensive toy - RADAR, that didn't change the behavior of the parking mode AT ALL. Camera of this price should be working flawlessly. 5. Mobile app is convenient feature. Live view is handy. File download is slow. 6. The camera have notification of events happen during parking mode which is ok, but please make is quiet when there are no events! I don't need to hear every time I start driving that GPS is connected and wifi is active and all other staff. Bottom line - The camera is going back to store. I still need reliable parking mode.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (1)Report
- wifi to phone only- January 4, 2020
Before I bought the u1000 I called thinkware to confirm it could connect directly to any WiFi I had the password for and that is not from a cell phone. I was told yes. I bought it so i can see what car door hit my car in the parking lot while it was happening and other things. Now I know it can only connect to WiFi with a cell phone. So unless I leave my cell phone in the car, I can’t see through the camera. Also, unless there is a big enough knock on the car to cause an event storage on the disc, I would not be able to see a door hitting my car. Storage is not enough to keep all non-accident recorded so minor accident recordings would be lost.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.