Thinkware X700 Full HD 1080p Dash Cam with 2.7" LCD Touchscreen
- Sony STARVIS image sensor captures footage in Full HD 1080p at 30FPS for crystal-clear picture quality
- 142.7-degree viewing angle provides a wide view of the road with no image distortion
- 2.7-inch LCD touchscreen for easy video playback, menu and settings navigation
- Night Vision technology reduces image noise for a better, clearer picture quality in low light settings
- Integrated Thermal Protection featuring built-in supercapacitors and a thermal sensor ensures the dash cam safely continues operating even in extreme temperatures
- Anti-file corruption technology designed to reduce risk of lost footage on your Thinkware memory card due to issues like data corruption or bad blocks
- Built-in car battery protection system prevents complete vehicle battery drain when the dash cam is recording in Parking Surveillance mode
- Time Lapse feature in Parking mode records at 2FPS for continuous surveillance coverage without increased power consumption
- Energy Saving feature in Parking mode initiates recording only after impact for reduced power consumption, even when left in Parking mode for long periods like when you're on vacation
- Supports up to a 64GB memory card (sold separately) and comes with a 16GB Thinkware card so you can record up to 116 minutes of continuous 1080p footage without the rear cam, or 58 minutes with the rear cam added before the dash cam auto loops
- Optional rear view camera (sold separately) adds even more coverage, allowing you to capture in 1080p accidents that happen at the rear of your vehicle
- Optional Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) keeps you safe on the road with alerts for lane departures, front vehicle departures, and potential forward collisions (requires GPS antenna accessory, sold separately)
- Optional GPS antenna (sold separately) tracks your speed, route history, and time, as well as providing alerts for red light and speed cameras so you're always informed when behind the wheel
- Optional Parking Surveillance mode initiates recording after impact or when motion is detected so you'll always know what's happening even when you're not there (requires hardwire installation; hardwiring cable sold separately)
- Optional Parking Surveillance mode is designed to activate a built-in car battery protection system so your battery won't drain when not in use
Connectivity & Media
- 1 x 1080p Dash Cam
- 1 x 16GB Thinkware Memory Card
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 8 reviewers who responded, 8 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Poor Image Quality- August 23, 2019
I bought the Thinkware X700 to replace my 5 year old dash cam that is slowly dying. I was surprised at how bad the X700's image quality is and was disappointed to learn that it records at a maximum bitrate of 10 mbits per second, which is way too low to read the license plate of a car unless it's right in front of you. My previous dash cam recorded at 15 mbits per second. I returned the item and have ordered a different brand of dash cam that records up to 18 mbits per second. The build quality is good and doesn't feel cheap, it's just unfortunate that Thinkware has decided that 10 mbits per second is good enough when in fact it's the worst 1080p video I have ever seen. Also, the LCD touchscreen is not the most responsive, not in the same league as a smartphone, neither is the video quality.
Not helpful (2)Report
- Thinkware x700- January 27, 2020
It’s the first time I am using this dash cam driving from Richmond to Victoria. It was turned on for 5 minutes while I was driving and it turned off by itself. I didn’t have time to take down and fix it because I had to catch a ferry. I will be back to Richmond on Wednesday, January 29 and will take a flight to Orlando the same evening. I have no time to take the dash cam to the store. I will be back on February 8. What should I do.
Not helpful (1)Report
- Love touchscreen- July 10, 2019
Had a F800 dashcam for myself and was really happy with that product! I was looking for a gift for my mom and was about to buy another F800. But I just found that Thinkware just released X700 and this is super easy to use as this has touchscreen. Perfect gift for my mom! Thanks Thinkware
Not helpful (0)Report