TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch (TL-SG1005D)
- Desktop switch makes it easy to connect different devices over a network for seamless data transfers at your home or office
- Five Gigabit auto-negotiation RJ45 ports supporting auto-MDI/MDIX effortlessly expand your network capacity for multiple devices, making it ideal for smaller workspaces
- Ethernet standards of IEEE 802.3/802.3i/802.3u/802.3ab/802.3x/802.1p with 10/100/1000Mbps speed let you transfer large-sized files instantly across any connected device
- IEEE 802.3x flow control provides reliable data transfers
- Eco-friendly switch with innovative energy-efficient design saves up to 85% of power consumption
- Plastic case also lets you install it on a desktop or conveniently hang on the wall
- TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch (TL-SG1005D)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 95 reviewers who responded, 92 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Magic Little Device- June 19, 2018
After updating to a new Comcast Router, having only 2 Ethernet ports, I was short 2 more. One was needed for a WD Network HDD, and I tried unsuccessful to utilize an older (but working) Netgear 4-port switch I had laying around. Other devices connected to the switch worked (a high speed printer HP Officejet Pro X476dw), but not the WD Network HDD. Then I bought the TP-LINK TL-SG1005D 5-port Gigabit Ethernet switch...and magic happened: I Just replaced the old switch with the new one, without any need for configurations etc...and the WD HDD was recognized right away and now works perfectly. This TP-LINK TL-SG1005D switch is very inexpensive and saved me a lot of trouble. I highly recommend this switch.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome unit for the price!!- May 20, 2015
Needed a simple gigabit switch for my workshop to hook up into home network and didn't want to break the bank in doing so. This small, lightweight and very functional switch fit the bill. I get nice up/down speeds between my components, it's compact enough to tuck out of the way and has performed (over the last month) better than expected for the device that it is. If you want a simple, quick, efficient and reliable gigabit hookup for you small home network - can't go wrong with this unit I believe.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for home theater- April 7, 2015
This was exactly what I was looking for. Low cost. Easy installation. I am running a gigabit network but needed to expand to my home theater (home theater is downstairs while router is upstairs). My media library is mostly comprised of hd movies so streaming via wifi was basically not working. Running the cable the ethernet cable was not an issue but wanted to get a good gigabit hub that would be mostly plug and play. This thing works great (plug it up, attach ethernet cable, restart router and attach devices). Video streaming is now seamless and console gaming has improved as well. For $20, this was probably the best decision I've made regarding my equipment. There's a number of more expensive devices on the market but at then end of the day, you simply want you device to function well.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.