TP-Link HS220 Wi-Fi Dimmer Light Switch
- Adjust brightness to the ideal level at any time -- brighter during work completion times or dimmer for intimate dinners
- Control lights with the Kasa application, the smart home portal that conveniently manages all of your TP-Link products
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for convenient voice controls
- Customise operation to your preferences--set lights to fade on with a click of the switch or double-click to create a gradual fade effect for a child's bedtime
- Smart scheduling with Kasa application permits you to automatically turn lights on and off to accommodate your schedule
- Secured 2.4 GHz wireless network required for setup and operation of the smart dimmer switch
- Wall Plate, 2 wire nuts, wiring labels and step-by-step guide included for easy installation
- Works in a single-pole setup only, and requires a neutral wire for installation
- 1 x HS220 Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch Dimmer
- 1 x Wall Plate
- 2 x Wire Nuts
- Quick Installation Guide
- Wiring Labels
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 587 reviewers who responded, 562 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Smart switch has dimming capability.- November 9, 2019
tp-link's Smart Light Switch has the ability to dim compatible bulbs. I look for LEDs that state they are dimmable and use them wherever I have dimmers. This cuts down on needing replacements and pretty much guarantees that the dimming is consistent. You will need a neutral wire in the switch box. So, if not present, be prepared to pull one from the light fixture electrical box. That's the only real concern. Most electricians pass the neutral (white) wire in through the switch box. Speaking of boxes, the switch's body is fairly big, deep and just fit my switch's electrical box. Expect a snug fit, so make sure yours is deep enough. Programming via free apps is easy. I have mine set to come on at sunset and off at a preset time in the evening. It is also easy tp have the switch turn on at any desired time and off, with different days of the week, schedule. The KASA app helps set up and control the switch.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Works great and dimmer works in Google Home- April 6, 2020
The only problem I had with this device was the incompatibility with certain bulbs. my wife wanted the clear rustic (Steam punk) style bulbs but they don't work! Other wise the functionality works fine!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- The TP Ksa Smart WiFi switch is also a illuminated- July 25, 2020
The TP Ksa Smart WiFi switch is also a illuminated switch for night or dark areas. Please see photos below. The dimmer is a nice accessory for the Alexa system allowing the customer to turn on a light by the switch or through the Alexa dot system. Please see my other posted review for short installation instructions on Best Buys site. Whether you are installing a single switch or a dimmer the instructions are the same. The dimmer switches also have a row of lights at the top of the switch that indicate or show the brightness of the actual light in all seven settings. The light can be brightened or dimmed by the small plus or minus buttons at the top of the switch. Of course the light can be dimmed or brightened through the Alexa app by instructing Alexa to bright or dim the light. See photos below for switch in off position, switch in low brightness setting and then switch in high brightness setting showing seven small LED lights.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Works like a charm- February 10, 2020
I have several of the regular TP-Link switches installed in my home, so it was great to see a dimmer available...and on sale. Worked perfect with the Kasa app after setup. Two things to note...the back of the switch is large, and when I installed it with a regular TP-Link into a double junction box, it was definitely a tight fight. Eventually everything fit in there but it was a little bit of Tetris to get everything into the box. Second note is that the power in (line-in) and load (out to the light) terminals on the side are not marked, so you have a 50/50 chance to get it right the first time. Even if you're wrong, no harm, just reverse the wires and all's good.
Not helpful (1)Report
- Works perfectly with Google Home- December 6, 2019
I usually avoid TP-Link products after many bad experiences with their early wall plugs, but I needed a wall switch with dimmer function and this was the only one I could find readily available. I was pleasantly surprised. They were simple enough to install, fit fine in the boxes, and the setup was much better than before with their app. Despite that, I still linked it to my Google home, and I haven't opened their app since. Everything works well, dimming, on/off, no connection drops. I will definitely purchase these dimmers again in the future.
Not helpful (0)Report