Vitamix 20 oz. Blending Cup
- For use with Vitamix Ascent series blenders only (sold separately)
- BPA-free and dishwasher safe so you can throw it in the dishwasher when you’re done for ease of cleaning
- Double insulation maintains the temperature of hot and cold drinks
- Self-Detect technology means your Ascent blender will recognize the cup and adjust blend settings for its size
- Pair with a blade base from the blending cup starter kit for Ascent blenders
- 1 x 20 oz Blending Cup With Spill-Proof Flip-Top Lid
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 14 reviewers who responded, 13 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Powerful blender, but is it reliable?- May 6, 2020
The blending cup is great for making smoothies. Just the right size and shape to blend everything. It is not good, however in making small batches of sauces, dips, etc. The cup is too deep and narrow. The blending bowls should be a good alternative, but I find them, at times, to be too small to make the quantity I am after. Tried to make a dip that required 8 oz of sour cream. The cup was too large (and narrow) and the bowl too small to handle this quantity. A bowl size in the 12-16 oz range would be welcome addition to the Vitamix line up, with a shape similar to your bowls, but a little deeper. The cup can be simply too deep.
- bad design- June 11, 2020
the overall design of this cup is awful. pretty sad that for the price of one cup you can almost buy a whole magic bullet kit that will work better than this does. the actual blender it self is 10/10 in my opinion and i love it. the problem is solely this cup. It does work better when only blending fresh ingredients like fresh fruit with lots of juice/ liquid. but as soon as you try and blend frozen fruit for smoothies i find myself taking it off the blender multiple times to shake it to reposition the fruit chunks so it will blend them. if the cut wast tapered so much on the inside and didn't have so large of baffles i feel that it would do a much better job
- Need it so I'm glad I have it but, could be better- March 5, 2021
Needed it because I was sick of making 4 smoothies at a time. The shape is wrong, maybe it's because they don't want us to overfill but the food gets stuck in the slim part so it won't drop, and when you finally get it down the high speed throws it back up there so the bottom part gets over blended (fluffy). Also, it has to be closed very tight to detect and turn on. It took me a frustrated while to figure out that you have to put it on the blender to tighten it enough and to loosen it. Should be straight sided maybe a bit bigger. ps. if you are trying to figure out how to avoid buying 2 cups with mixing base, buy the 2 small bowls with base along with 1 cup, feels more worth the price ;)