WD Blue 1TB 3D NAND SATA III Internal Solid State Drive
- Enhanced speed and performance for high-end computing applications like gaming, HD media playback, or creative software
- Sequential read speeds of up to 545MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 525MB/s allows for fast system boot up, quick application response, and rapid transfer speeds
- With no moving parts, a solid state drive is designed to help protect against data loss if a drive is accidentally bumped or dropped
- 1.75M hours MTTF (mean time to failure) and an endurance rating of up to 400 TBW (terabytes written) ensures your data is protected for years to come
- Error correction technologies to help protect against data loss and provide long-lasting reliability
- Optimized for multitasking and can easily run several resource-heavy applications simultaneously
- Free, downloadable WD SSD Dashboard provides a suite of tools so you can always check on the health of your solid state drive
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1615 reviewers who responded, 1579 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Excellent drive- October 25, 2020
This 1TB SSD replaced a 500 MB 7,200 RPM traditional drive on a Dell laptop. The physical installation was simple, using the laptop's instructions. The hard part was figuring out the hard drive cloning software provided by WD; while the instructions were good, there was no clear explanation on which method to use to go from a small original drive to a larger replacement drive and being able to use the entire destination drive. Using the easy method did not provide maximum use of the WD SSD; the alternative method did. Overall, a good drive so far, 30 days after installation, and the laptop's fan is seldom heard since the new SSD's installation.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cost Effective SSD- April 18, 2020
Used to replace a PS4 Pro HDD. Originally, I assumed the new SSD would just improve loading times but wow!, it has also made game-play much, much snappier! I play a lot of DayZ and it has reduced much of the lag and crashes the game causes, not to mention aiming and render times to fractions of a second. This is key to not dying and losing dozens of hours in gear lol No need to buy an expensive, top of the line SSD, for ANY PS4, as Sony's hardware and software bottleneck and prevent full utilization of Solid State Drive (SSD) technology. Also, WD acquired SanDisk a while back..So essentially this is a rebranded SanDisk SSD at a bargin.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good drive, not formatting software or help.- January 27, 2021
Purchased to replace an old hard drive. After installing and moving operating system and data I noticed a big increase in performance. Only giving it 4 stars because WD went cheap when it comes to software and help. My old drive was 500GB, the new SSD is 1TB. WD does not provide formatting software to allow the move from a smaller drive to the larger one. I spent weeks trying to figure it out. Worked with WD technicians and finally bought a software package that allowed me to perform this function. Not sure but I think other SSD manufactures may include the necessary software for this task. Other than that I have always had good luck with WD.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.