WD Blue 250GB 3D NAND SATA III Internal Solid State Drive
- Enhanced speed and performance for high-end computing applications like gaming, HD media playback, or creative software
- Sequential read speeds of up to 545MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 525MB/s allows for fast system boot up, quick application response, and rapid transfer speeds
- With no moving parts, a solid state drive is designed to help protect against data loss if a drive is accidentally bumped or dropped
- 1.75M hours MTTF (mean time to failure) and an endurance rating of up to 400 TBW (terabytes written) ensures your data is protected for years to come
- Error correction technologies to help protect against data loss and provide long-lasting reliability
- Optimized for multitasking and can easily run several resource-heavy applications simultaneously
- Free, downloadable WD SSD Dashboard provides a suite of tools so you can always check on the health of your solid state drive
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 249 reviewers who responded, 247 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Miracle Worker- 14 juillet 2018
Put the drive in a barely functioning HP laptop and brought it to life. It had a standard drive in it that took 15 to 20 minutes to boot up and become semi functional. Everything was incredibly slow making it basically unusable. Put this drive in, reinstalled Windows 10 and suddenly it came alive. Boots up just a couple of minutes and is ready to go. I highly recommend this drive for any machine, but certainly for older machines struggling to operate. Plus it is made by Western Digital so you know the quality is great. Highly recommend this product.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brings New Life to Old Sony VAIO Laptop- 25 avril 2020
Made a 10 year old Sony VAIO usable again. I updated my old laptop from Win 7 to 10 using the MS site. I was surprised this was still available as an option to do without any cost. But my old 320 GB Samsung 5400 RPM hard drive in it was extremely slow and seemed to constantly be pegged at 100% with CPU at less than 20%. After installing this SSD, and performing a clean install of Win 10 (which was easier than I expected because it used my MS account logon to verify my copy of the OS), the PC boots quickly and works well. Now I'm waiting on the old Core 2 Duo processor with it running at 80%+, and the SSD is running at 5%. This was an inexpensive way to add a 3rd PC to our household that is now working and schooling from home during the COVID-19 pandemic.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthwhile Upgrade- 5 janvier 2019
My Dell laptop was getting sluggish, and I was looking for a way to improve its performance. Since the device already had the maximum amount of RAM, I decided to replace its hard disk drive with a Western Digital solid state drive. Once the new drive had been installed in the laptop, I immediately noticed a dramatic increase in booting speed and in the general responsiveness of the device. I would definitely recommend this product to any laptop owner looking for a worthwhile upgrade.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.