WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND SATA III Internal Solid State Drive
- Enhanced speed and performance for high-end computing applications like gaming, HD media playback, or creative software
- Sequential read speeds of up to 545MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 525MB/s allows for fast system boot up, quick application response, and rapid transfer speeds
- With no moving parts, a solid state drive is designed to help protect against data loss if a drive is accidentally bumped or dropped
- 1.75M hours MTTF (mean time to failure) and an endurance rating of up to 400 TBW (terabytes written) ensures your data is protected for years to come
- Error correction technologies to help protect against data loss and provide long-lasting reliability
- Optimized for multitasking and can easily run several resource-heavy applications simultaneously
- Free, downloadable WD SSD Dashboard provides a suite of tools so you can always check on the health of your solid state drive
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 2111 reviewers who responded, 2067 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- The little laptop that could- October 11, 2021
Saved my 10 year old cheep Walmart acer laptop. I first maxed out the ram, still could hardly function. After this upgrade, as you would expect, it functions like a computer. It's not my daily driver, but with 16 gb ram, this hard drive, and a new battery, I don't have to go get coffee while I wait for windows to load. All in, 450 for the laptop in 2011, and 200 in upgrades last year, I can run windows 10, Adobe, chrome, and any office app without frustration or input lag. I wouldn't try to game on it, or edit video, but this machine couldn't do that new anyway. Moral of the story, if you can buy an upgradeable machine, it'll pay for itself down the road.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Speed for a low price!- September 7, 2018
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] Have a computer that you need to give some new life to? This may do the trick! Although sold as a solid state drive (ssd) for laptops, it can be used in both laptops or desktops. It has the form-factor of a laptop drive (2.5") - the only real requirements it has is a SATA drive connection (preferably SATA 3, but will work with SATA 2, just not as fast) and a SATA power connection. If you're replacing the old-fashioned hard drive in your laptop , you will most likely have both connections available. Running a benchmark on my Lenovo Y700 resulted in the attached benchmarks, which is actually above the advertised speeds - VERY nice for the asking price!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made my wife's i7 laptop about 5x faster!- August 23, 2019
Putting this WD SSD in my wife's 1 year old i7 laptop finally woke that thing right up. Before that, she pretty much refused to even use it, much preferring my 6 yr old i5 laptop, with it's retro-fitted Samsung SSD, since that old thing was vastly outperforming her new one! Now I finally have my old laptop back! The cloning software, from WD's websight worked perfectly to copy her original HD & OS over to the new SSD, along with the use of a portable SATA HD enclosure that I already had on hand. Those inexpensive enclosures are really worth buying, anytime you upgrade to an SSD, since you can then use your original drive as a removable drive or for an OS & file back up.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.