WD easystore 12TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive (WDBAMA0120HBK-NESN) - Black - Only at Best Buy
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
- 12TB of storage capacity provides an archive for your vast digital library including movies, games, photos, e-books, software, and much more
- USB 3.0 interface featuring backward compatibility with USB 2.0 to deliver ultra-fast transfer speeds up to 5,000Mbps
- Included WD Discovery software features backup, security and utility tools for reformatting, LED control, and other settings
- Also compatible with Time Machine backup feature on macOS
- WD reliability ensures all your data is safely protected with advanced security and durability
- Compatible with formatted NTFS, Windows 10 and 8.1, and macOS (reformatting required for Mac)
- Desktop Hard Drive
- USB Cable
- AC Adapter
- WD Discovery Software
- Quick Install Guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1004 reviewers who responded, 962 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
Ease of Use: Excellent
- Is 12TB enough for you?- December 2, 2019
As a photographer, I use a lot of storage. The last time I built a computer, I installed a pair of 4TB disks (1 as an archive and 1 with edit versions of the files.) At the time, I was shooting with a 20 Mpix camera. Now, I use a 50 Mpix camera, and storage is getting tight. Instead of replacing my existing internal drives, I decided to add external storage. So far, this WD Drive has been fine. It runs quiet and cool, and it is not significantly slower than my internal drives on read, and only about 50% slower on write. I’ve owned WD drives in the past and have always found them to be reliable. I’ve removed 1 star because their is no power switch.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drive at a Awesome Price.- January 18, 2021
Was looking at some 8tb drives for some extra storage mainly Seagate when I happened upon this drive. 12tb at just a little more than the Seagate sold me, the drive is quite and runs about 5 degrees cooler than the Seagate 8tb Backup Plus I'm using.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Bought 2 of these to use in a NAS- December 21, 2019
If you’re wanting a huge drive at a budget price to shuck and use in a NAS, this is it chief. For folks that are looking for specific model info about the drives inside, both contained a 12tb WD120EMFZ. Bought 2 of these for $179 each and shucked them (removed the drive from the casing) right away. I set them up in a NAS using RAID 1 (mirrored) because they are budget drives that aren’t designed to run 24/7. I wanted to minimize, as much as possible, my concern about data loss. For folks that are shopping for a NAS as well, I’d recommend a Western Digital MyCloud EX2 Ultra. Very cheap (about $150), easy to setup, has a TON of features, and supports these drives!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.