WD Easystore 8TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive (WDBAMA0080HBK-NESE) - Black - Only at Best Buy
- External hard drive with 8TB of storage provides ample space for your vast digital library of games, movies, music, pictures, documents, and more
- Maximum data transfer speed of 5,000MB/s lets you move files with ease
- Connect to your PC or Mac via USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 backwards-compatible)
- Includes WD Discover software featuring backup, security, and drive utilities
- Automatic backups and compatibility with Time Machine (note: may require reformatting) helps you keep your data for the long run
- Desktop Hard Drive
- USB Cable
- AC Adapter
- Wd Discovery Software with Backup, Security and Drive Utilities
- Quick Install Guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 6059 reviewers who responded, 5842 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Nice Disk- December 28, 2017
The hard disk is fast. It is formatted with NTFS, to use it with Mac, you have to reformat it; however, there is some challenge to reformat it with latest Mac OS (High Sierra version 10.13.2), follow as current WD website instruction to reformat for Mac OS won't work. ( WD may update their docmentation later). It always resumes error as "MediaKit reports not enough space on device for requested operation."; this is due to EFI partition < 200MB. To fix the issue you have to use dd command line command to fix the issue ( Google the MediaKit error message then you will find the solution online ). For this reformatting issue, I gave it a 3 points.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent External Hard Drive- August 19, 2018
This drive is big (8TB) and fast. I'm getting 200+ MB/s transfer rates (verified by timing large file transfers as well as benchmark utilities like Crystal DriveMark). I'm extremely happy with the performance. Prior to getting this drive, I had tried a Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB, which was slow (often sub 100 MB/s) and inconsistent (maybe 130 MB/s one time, then 90 the next, then 150, then 70), which I returned and got the Western Digital Easystore instead. The Western Digital was $30 more expensive, but it's worth it because it performs so much better. I've seen some reviews saying that it is loud. I have not found that to be the case at all.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple solution for a heap of extra storage- December 24, 2017
Performs well for a USB 3 external housing a 5400 or 5900 rpm drive. I have a couple WD My Book external 4TB USB 3s which run 7200 rpm drives, and I'm getting similar write speeds to those. The Easy Store is getting 85-100 MB/sec write. Haven't tested the read speed yet, but I imagine if the writes are comparable, the reads will do just as well. I knocked off a star because it comes with nearly a half a GB of software which I'll never use for my needs and will probably delete eventually, and also because the drive doesn't easily "safely remove" from Windows. Takes some fiddling to get that aspect to cooperate. Overall 8TB for the price was great.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.