WD My Book 12TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive (WDBBGB0120HBK-NESN)
Available to ship
Not available for pickup:
This product is currently not available for pickup at nearby stores.
- 12TB of storage space provides a secure and reliable repository for all your data, with quick transfers of large files
- High-speed USB 3.0 interface is also backwards-compatible with USB 2.0 and allows transfer speeds up to 5Gb/s
- External hard drive is portable and convenient to carry around
- WD Security provides password protection and hardware encryption to keep your data safe
- WD Backup with Time Machine compatibility (requires reformatting for Time Machine) backs up your data and insulates you from unexpected data loss
- exFAT formatting allows for out-of-the-box compatibility with Windows and macOS (Windows 10, 8, or 7; Mac OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, or Mavericks)
- Desktop Hard Drive USB 3.0 Cable
- AC Adapter
- Quick Install Guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 5 reviewers who responded, 4 would recommend this product.
- Awesome hdd- August 16, 2020
Plug and play out of the box, with one touch backup. Works seamlessly between my ios and win10 partitions. Very quiet running with go sleep/quick wake modes. Reasonably price for its class.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Terabyte vs Tebibyte- October 21, 2020
To the reviewer who is complaining the drive only formats to 10.1 tebibytes, notice the difference in the prefix. The naming standard has been in place since 1998. 12TB = 12,000,000,000,000 bytes. Your computer is reporting the size using tebibytes.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (1)Report
- Reasonable drive but NOT 12 TB- August 19, 2020
Purchased this thru BestBuy online. Item was left on my doorstep by purolator driver for 3 hours in full view of the public; a miracle it wasn't stolen!! Drive itself performs well, but is NOT a 12 TB drive. The actual space available on the drive is only 10.9 TB. All hard drive companies short customers on the actual drive space, but overestimating the space by a whole 1.1 terabytes is ridiculous. WD needs to re-think how this affects the customer's trust in their company and just stop lying to customers. The only other drawbacks are that there are intermittent connection problems with the powercord where it plugs into the base of the drive, and there is NO indicator light to show when the drive is on and when file transfers are taking place. File transfer so far has been very fast and reliable. Hope it continues that way. Can't honestly recommend this item given the shipping problems and the misrepresentation of the actual drive size.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (99)Report