WD My Cloud Home 3TB Personal Cloud
Available to ship
Not available for pickup:
This product is currently not available for pickup at nearby stores.
- 3TB storage space offers plenty of room for files and multimedia
- USB 3.0 interface delivers fast transfer rates and is backward compatible with USB 2.0
- Plugs into your Wi-Fi router at home, allowing you to save all your digital content to a central place
- Wirelessly back up and sync all your PC and Mac computers, as well as your cloud accounts
- Automatically back up photos and videos from your smartphone
- USB port lets you import files, photos, and videos from other devices such as flash drives and external hard drives
- Access, upload, and share stored photos and videos through the My Cloud Home apps for mobile, desktop, and web, anywhere you have an internet connection
- Personal Cloud Storage
- Ethernet Cable
- AC Adapter
- Quick Install Guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 25 reviewers who responded, 15 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Do not buy - network security threat- February 12, 2021
Do Not Purchase. It is not apparent from the description, but the hard drive is easily accessible y others on the internet. It has low security. One day after installing I was informed by my internet provider that there was an attempt to hack into the my cloud home. A quick google search (should have done that before buying) shows this is an insecure product. I discussed this with tech support and they advised me to consult with an IT security expert. No help. All I wanted to know is that the product is not accessible by an unauthorized person. Just don’t buy this product. The company does nothing to help you keep your network safe.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Great product and software to go with it.- December 1, 2018
I was a bit disappointed that it did not actually manage backups. It does sync files that you select. Actual backups must be done with 3rd party software. I use Windows backup and direct to this drive which is auto mounted. The really great thing is you can select a file to share and send a link to whom you would like to share the file with. You can also access your synced files remotely with phone, iPad, laptop if you have downloaded the app. I provided access for one of my kids and he has a separate partition to backup and manage his files. Totally independent of mine. He now has true geographical redundancy for his critical files.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculously Slow, Lacking Features- August 22, 2021
I bought this mainly because of the name. I've used WD drives for 30+ year. However, this product is just plain bad engineering and is cheap. Transfer speeds are sub par at about 5 MB/s. I've tried all of the tips on speeding this up and had no luck. After i purchased this, I found out that it cannot be connected directly to a computer. What the heck? This is crazy! So if I want to use this without internet I can't? This is a problem. When I set up the automatic backup of photos/videos from my phone it didn't put the files in folders like they are on my phone. It just put them all in one folder. Very disorganized. I will be taking this back to the store.