WD My Cloud Home 8TB Personal Cloud
Available to ship
Not available for pickup:
This product is currently not available for pickup at nearby stores.
- 8TB storage space offers plenty of room for files and multimedia
- USB 3.0 interface delivers fast transfer rates and is backward compatible with USB 2.0
- Plugs into your Wi-Fi router at home, allowing you to save all your digital content to a central place
- Wirelessly back up and sync all your PC and Mac computers, as well as your cloud accounts
- Automatically back up photos and videos from your smartphone
- USB port lets you import files, photos, and videos from other devices such as flash drives and external hard drives
- Access, upload, and share stored photos and videos through the My Cloud Home apps for mobile, desktop, and web, anywhere you have an internet connection
- Personal Cloud Storage
- Ethernet Cable
- AC Adapter
- Quick Install Guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 156 reviewers who responded, 110 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Kind of works, not able to backup WIN10.- March 26, 2021
Buyer beware. The WF My Cloud Home is not really Network Attached Storage. It does not allow Win10 to map a drive as Windows require you to authenticate to a NAS drive. I am unable to backup WIN 10 to this drive. I am able run TimeFinder from my MAC but only to the Public folder. The phone app works great to backup iPhone pictures, but are inaccessible from my MAC or PC unless I login with the same user account for every iPhone in the family. There is no Administrative interface like there was with WD My Cloud, which is NOT the same product even though the names are similar. I am contemplating returning the device.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Inferior design.- March 16, 2019
I used the old Mybook Live and later the My Cloud drives to serve movies and music in my home. It seems the My Cloud drives have been replaced with these My Cloud Home drives. These new ones are utterly useless to me and are not in any way a replacement for the older ones. There's no page to set up users, shares or permissions. I could not even find a way to re-name the device. The usb port can't even be used to back up the drive. Who asked for any of this? Five year olds? My advice to WD is to stop production of this garbage, shuck the drives out of the existing stock and land-fill the useless drive cases. Then Google 'New Coke' and study the effects of replacing a good product with an inferior one that nobody asked for.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Garbage..... only accessible thru the internet..- February 14, 2021
Got this for my wife as a present last Christmas to backup all of her 120,000 some odd photos and whatnot. Have spent the last month and a half since this Christmas trying to recover all the data as the unit stopped connecting to the internet after a firmware update... oh yeah you can’t directly access your data by the way.... WD says it’s the ISP’s fault, ISP hasn’t changed anything and did their best to help but couldn’t.. So I’ve ripped apart the drive and installed it in my desktop, data is encrypted so I had to purchase ‘ibeesoft’ recovery software to get it all back. But just for fun nothing is recovered in folders, just file types. So now my wife gets to spend forever organizing all of her memories again.... all 120,000 of themNo, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (1)Report