WD My Cloud Home Duo 16TB Network Attached Storage (WDBMUT0160JWT-NESN)
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
- 16TB storage space offers plenty of room for files and multimedia
- USB 3.0 interface delivers fast transfer rates and is backward compatible with USB 2.0
- Plugs into your Wi-Fi router at home, allowing you to save all your digital content to a central place
- Duo is equipped with 2 hard drives set to Mirror Mode (RAID 1) to back up everything twice
- Wirelessly back up and sync all your PC and Mac computers, as well as your cloud accounts
- Automatically back up photos and videos from your smartphone
- USB port lets you import files, photos, and videos from other devices such as flash drives and external hard drives
- Access, upload, and share stored photos and videos through the My Cloud Home apps for mobile, desktop, and web, anywhere you have an internet connection
- Includes 2 x 8TB drives (7.9TB usable capacity in default RAID 1)
- Personal Cloud Storage
- Ethernet Cable
- AC Adapter
- Quick Install Guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 6 reviewers who responded, 3 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Don't get if you plan on mounting a share to it- July 6, 2019
I purchased this because I needed a bigger cloud drive for my videos and returned it after I brought it home and found out that you can't mount a share to it. It is all web-based and you must go to the WD website to access anything on it. You can't even go to https://xx.xx.xx.xx, where xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address of your cloud drive, so not sure why they would even make such a unit. I ended up returning it and buying the WD - My Cloud EX2 Ultra 16TB 2-bay External Network Storage instead.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Nice hardware, but...- July 30, 2019
While the concept of the My Cloud Home Duo is great for data security because of the RAID capability, I'm unimpressed with WD's software. They ask you to install WD Discovery, which then prompts you to install backup, security and drive utility apps. Turns out the backup, security and drive utility apps above are NOT supported on this drive according to WD's website. Might have been helpful for the WD software installation to note that before I wasted many hours diagnosing this.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Best backup device- August 18, 2018
I love this poduct because it doesn’t have to travel with me. I leave it at home and I can be 1000 miles away and still get files from the device. I don’t know how I was doing life without this device. Also I love that it can be used with a PC and Apple computer. My husband and I can backup all our important files and keep it organized all in one place together. I highly recommend!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.