WD My Cloud Home Duo 8TB Personal Cloud
Available to ship
Not available for pickup:
This product is currently not available for pickup at nearby stores.
- 8TB storage space offers plenty of room for files and multimedia
- USB 3.0 interface delivers fast transfer rates and is backward compatible with USB 2.0
- Plugs into your Wi-Fi router at home, allowing you to save all your digital content to a central place
- Duo is equipped with 2 hard drives set to Mirror Mode (RAID 1) to back up everything twice
- Wirelessly back up and sync all your PC and Mac computers, as well as your cloud accounts
- Automatically back up photos and videos from your smartphone
- USB port lets you import files, photos, and videos from other devices such as flash drives and external hard drives
- Access, upload, and share stored photos and videos through the My Cloud Home apps for mobile, desktop, and web, anywhere you have an internet connection
- Includes 2 x 4TB drives (3.9TB usable capacity in default RAID 1)
- Personal Cloud Storage
- Ethernet Cable
- AC Adapter
- Quick Install Guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 28 reviewers who responded, 17 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Nice for backups and sharing but not for streaming- September 10, 2019
I bought this with the intention of storing digital movie files (legally) and streaming them to Plex on the same home network. WD + Plex make it ridiculously easy to set this all up. However, despite some users saying that their WD NAS could keep up with streaming and transcoding, mine could not. I tried a few settings and nothing worked; it took too long to load up the movie and start playing it. I WOULD NOT recommend this as a media server. I WOULD definitely recommend this for storage outside of media streaming. Set up is super nice and easy. Cost per GB is good. Software, sharing, and the interface is user friendly.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Needs WD software to access- December 4, 2020
This product did not meet the needs that I had for it. If you want something that you can just plug in and use this should work for you. I needed to connect a raspberry Pi to this, but you are not able to connect to this NAS without using WD's software(which isn't available for raspberry pi). There is no way to just use a username and password to access the data on this NAS. I ended up returning this product so that I could purchase something that is a bit more robust.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Good concept poor performance- December 29, 2019
Love the cloud concept but can only move data over the network which was horribly slow. I could easily sync my phone but any data from computer was worthless to attempt to move. Tried to backup my hard drive and it never completed, projected to take more than 24 hours. If you could just use the usb 3.0 port for a direct connect to the computer for speedy transfer this would be a good device. Without that it's useless. Had to return it.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.