WD My Passport 5TB USB Portable External Hard Drive (WDBPKJ0050BBL-WESN) - Blue - Only at Best Buy
- 5TB storage capacity offers plenty of room to store documents, photos, music, games, movies, and more without sacrificing the speed and performance of your computer
- Up to 5,000Mb/s data transfer speeds move even large files in a flash, so you spend less time waiting
- SuperSpeed USB port is USB 2.0 compatible, making it easy to use this drive with a variety of compatible electronic devices
- Slim, colourful design is easy to transport and looks good no matter where you take it
- Easy-to-use automatic backup, password protection, 256-bit AES hardware encryption, and drive management with WD Discovery software for WD Backup features keep your data safe
- Portable Hard Drive
- SuperSpeed USB Cable
- WD Discovery Software
- Quick Install Guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 919 reviewers who responded, 868 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great drive, great features, poor lifespan- January 30, 2020
This is a super drive it is fast and has encryption. I moved all of my data off other drives on to it with blazing speed. But in lest than 30 days the drive has stopped working, all it does is make a whir click sound over and over. I make a point to buy Western Digital because they are tough and last, but this time i struck out.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Can't recommend this one.- May 9, 2020
I own quite a few external hard drives; just recently bought this one. Doesn't feel particularly robust, not much weight to it. The main problem however is the data transfer rate. I use it connected to a gaming notebook with all USB 3.0 connections. The best data transfer rate it has achieved is 15 to 17 MB per second, compared to other portable hard drives which achieve up to 170 MB/second. I was surprised by this, as WD is usually a high-quality brand, but this one just doesn't measure up.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (2)Report
- Very happy- October 11, 2020
I am really enjoying the experience of using this drive. I like the extra peace of mind that enabling hardware encryption gives. Now I don’t have to worry about losing the drive and some rando gaining access to personal information. I’m sure it’s not proof from a dedicated hacker but should foil any normal person. The transfer speed is good. I’ve got USB3 on my laptop and the drive is USB3. Writing to it I get about 120MB/s which is fine for a spinning disk. I haven’t done any read speed tests but I have not noticed any issues there. Read speed is typically better anyway. For the cost and size this is an excellent purchase.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.