WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra 12TB Network Attached Storage (WDBVBZ0120JCH-NESN)
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
In today's tech-focused world, it's easy to feel a bit lost or overwhelmed. Think about all your devices and the content that's spread across them. Pictures on your smartphone, games and apps on your tablet, movies on your laptop, important documents on your desktop PC. Having them all backed up and securely stored in one centralized location would make things a lot easier, right? That's where the WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra network-attached storage (NAS) device comes in.
By connecting to your network, the WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra not only keeps all your content safe in one place, it also makes it conveniently accessible from anywhere thanks to My Cloud, your personal cloud storage. Think about that for a sec. Say you're at work and realize you left an important file on your home computer. No worries, you can access it. Want to listen to some tunes on your phone that are saved on your tablet? Go ahead. Family members across the country asking for photos of the latest reunion? Share them in a flash.
Armed with the WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra, you're getting a lot more than enhanced security, convenience, and peace of mind. You're expanding your possibilities for accessing and sharing your content while simplifying and taking control of your digital world.
- Centralized network storage: The WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra Network Attached Storage (NAS) solution offers personal cloud storage so you can conveniently store all your media securely in one centralized location. You also save on the subscription fees you'd have to pay with other cloud services.
- Access from anywhere: Enjoy the freedom and convenience of securely accessing all your content remotely on your mobile device anytime, anywhere via MyCloud.com or the My Cloud mobile app.
- Synchronized content: The WD Sync feature can automatically synchronize your content between your computers and My Cloud to ensure your media and files stay up to date and accessible through all your devices.
- 12TB storage capacity: The WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra NAS offers a massive amount of space for all your documents, music, games, videos, photos, and other media files. And with two USB 3.0 ports, you can plug in another drive for even more storage space.
- Powerful performance: The Marvell ARMADA 385 1.3GHz dual-core processor with 1GB of DDR3 memory makes for ultrafast transfer speeds, smooth multitasking, and lag-free streaming.
- Sharing made easy: With the My Cloud EX2 Ultra, it's a breeze to share your files and folders with friends and family on your My Cloud so they can easily download or upload content at any point.
- Solid security: The My Cloud EX2 Ultra features 256 AES volume encryption to ensure your files are securely stored across your whole network.
- Extra backup: This is a dual-bay device, meaning it has two hard drives so you can have your precious content stored on one and duplicated on another (RAID 1) for added security and peace of mind.
- Personalized backups: Full access to WD SmartWare Pro backup software and Apple Time Machine allows both PC and Mac users to set up customized backups and decide when and where their content is saved.
- PC/Mac compatibility: Whether you're a PC or Mac user, you'll find the perfect shared storage solution in the WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra.
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Supply
- Quick Install Guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 22 reviewers who responded, 18 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- It's a nice but slow backup raid hard Drive- June 9, 2018
I'm a mac user, so setting this HD up wasn't that hard, except for that I had to watch some tutorials online since in their own web site doesn't have a clear explanation on how to use it after you're done setting it up. I use it as a mirror/raid backup HD, which means it copies exactly the same data in both discs. The problem is that it makes it very very VERY slow to back up or even save large files. You can spend 3 hours saving 60gb. easily. The good part is that it's very reliable and after it's all set up it works really good.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very easy to setup and use- September 7, 2016
For several years I was wanted a central cloud for my music, e-books, etc, and was reluctant to invest with an external supplier. Recently i started researching personal cloud options and selected the EX2 Ultra. I use it in RAID mode and found it surprising easy to setup and use. There are many You Tube videos that go into some detail on its setup and usage but for meet these were for presales. I have PCs (Windows 10, an iPhone 6 Plus and a couple of iPads all connected thus far with free apps.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seems to be an excellent NAS- August 9, 2019
The hardware seems to be an excellent NAS system. However, I found the software and user guide to be lacking. This system is tough to set up and I'm not a novice to computers, servers, home servers, and networking. I bought this NAS to replace a 10+ year old home server. Once I got it set up, it's been working fine.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.