WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra Diskless Network Attached Storage (WDBVBZ0000NCH-NESN)
In today's tech-focused world, it's easy to feel a bit lost or overwhelmed. Think about all your devices and the content that's spread across them. Pictures on your smartphone, games and apps on your tablet, movies on your laptop, important documents on your desktop PC. Having them all backed up and securely stored in one centralized location would make things a lot easier, right? That's where the WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra network-attached storage (NAS) device comes in.
By connecting to your network, the WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra not only keeps all your content safe in one place, it also makes it conveniently accessible from anywhere thanks to My Cloud, your personal cloud storage. Think about that for a sec. Say you're at work and realize you left an important file on your home computer. No worries, you can access it. Want to listen to some tunes on your phone that are saved on your tablet? Go ahead. Family members across the country asking for photos of the latest reunion? Share them in a flash.
Armed with the WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra, you're getting a lot more than enhanced security, convenience, and peace of mind. You're expanding your possibilities for accessing and sharing your content while simplifying and taking control of your digital world.
- Centralized network storage: The WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra Network Attached Storage (NAS) solution offers personal cloud storage so you can conveniently store all your media securely in one centralized location. You also save on the subscription fees you'd have to pay with other cloud services.
- Access from anywhere: Enjoy the freedom and convenience of securely accessing all your content remotely on your mobile device anytime, anywhere via MyCloud.com or the My Cloud mobile app.
- Synchronized content: The WD Sync feature can automatically synchronize your content between your computers and My Cloud to ensure your media and files stay up to date and accessible through all your devices.
- Two-bay diskless enclosure: This model of the WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra NAS features a diskless enclosure that gives you the flexibility of building your own NAS with the drives of your choice.
- Powerful performance: The Marvell ARMADA 385 1.3GHz dual-core processor with 1GB of DDR3 memory makes for ultrafast transfer speeds, smooth multitasking, and lag-free streaming.
- Sharing made easy: With the My Cloud EX2 Ultra, it's a breeze to share your files and folders with friends and family on your My Cloud so they can easily download or upload content at any point.
- Solid security: The My Cloud EX2 Ultra features 256 AES volume encryption to ensure your files are securely stored across your whole network.
- Extra backup: This is a dual-bay device, meaning it has two hard drives so you can have your precious content stored on one and duplicated on another (RAID 1) for added security and peace of mind.
- Personalized backups: Full access to WD SmartWare Pro backup software and Apple Time Machine allows both PC and Mac users to set up customized backups and decide when and where their content is saved.
- PC/Mac compatibility: Whether you're a PC or Mac user, you'll find the perfect shared storage solution in the WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra.
- Ethernet cable
- Power supply
- Quick install guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 69 reviewers who responded, 61 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Fantastic for large storage- June 22, 2020
I bought this without hard drives only because none of the models with drives were in stock. Made a separate purchase of two 4TB Western Digital Red drives and put them in Raid 1. I wanted redundancy for my purposes. Once the drive is online, it just works. Lots of options and plenty powerful enough for storage. Also has options to runs apps. Plex is a nice option, but this unit can't transcode a lot of formats so you may run into limitations there. I don't use the cloud services and was really interested in access outside my home. Works great for access from a MAC or windows. TimeMachine backup works great as well.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic installation is easy- June 18, 2020
I had the little white 2TB WD MyCloud previous to purchasing this one. I should have never even bothered with it! The EX2 is quite an impressive unit. Boot up time is around 1 minute, UI is very similar to the WD MyCloud but incredibly faster and much more intuitive. I haven’t played around with too many of the features (there are many!) but I can already tell this is a great little NAS. Can’t beat the price for a 2-bay, but DO BUY PROPER NAS DRIVES! Failure rate of non-NAS drives in NAS enclosures are quite high. Save yourself the headache and potential data loss.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Entry Level NAS- September 26, 2021
Great upgrade from using a 2014 Mac mini as a NAS. Tip: ensure to configure as much of the share folders and users access settings BEFORE running/setting up NAS applications. When NAS applications are in heavy use or the applications are causing large file transfers, using the web portal to configure other settings or check on system resources is very very slow and in some cases unusable. I believe an average user will not run into these issues as long as they are not trying to configure settings whilst NAS is busy running background tasks/applications.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report