Whirlpool 7.4 Cu. Ft. Electric Steam Dryer (YWED9620HC) - Chrome Shadow
Dry more than ever before
- Large 7.4 cu. ft. capacity makes it easy to work your way through your family's laundry every week
- Electric front load dryer plugs into compatible outlet and is ready to use
- Steam dryer keeps wrinkles at bay by adding steam to various cycles
- Stackable design frees up space in your laundry room when you purchase a stacking kit
- Quad baffles tumble your clothes so they open up and dry efficiently
Add a little steam to your laundry
- Steam Refresh cycle releases wrinkles and reduces odours in clothing without the need to rewash it
- Wrinkle Shield Plus option keeps wrinkles from setting in to your clothes using steam and intermittent tumbling for up to 150 minutes after the cycle ends
- With 37 drying cycles, there's a cycle for every type of laundry
- Advanced Moisture Sensing uses built-in sensors to assess the moisture in your laundry, making sure your clothes don't over-dry
Control your dryer from your phone
- Integrated Wi-Fi connects you to the Whirlpool app so you can control your dryer from your smartphone or tablet
- Intuitive Touch Controls let you choose the right cycle for the type of laundry
Upgrade your laundry room with a washer
- When pairing this dryer with a new washer, make sure the washer you choose has roughly half the capacity of your new dryer
- Width: 68.58cm (27")
- Height: 98.43cm (38.75")
- Depth: 78.74cm (31")
Our Major Appliances come with a concierge call
There's a lot to consider when buying an appliance. That's why our Appliance Delivery Specialists call within 24* hours of your purchase. (If you complete your order after 7pm ET, we'll call you the next day.)
Please note: During the holiday season from November to January call back times may increase to up to 3 days.
Some things Appliance Delivery Specialists can help with:
- Ensure you have the appropriate required accessories
- Walk you through what your delivery day will look like
- Change your scheduled delivery appointment*
- Add additional services like installation and recycling to your order*
*If you're a remote delivery customer, these services may not be available to you. Please call 1-866-585-4494 for more information, or if you do not hear from us within 3 days.
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 51 reviewers who responded, 45 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Looks great, works great, keeps my spouse happy- June 26, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I bought this (and the matching washer) after suffering through our Samsung Washer/Dryer combo for several years. My spouse was dying for an upgrade. They are very excited about a lot of the visual details, including: the black steel, the clean minimalist look, the screen on the door, and the stainless steel drums. They are even more pleased with the features: The app connectivity, the Load n' Go features for both detergent and fabric softener, the interior lights, and the height after placing them on the matching pedestals. The machines easily fit in the space where the smaller samsung appliances fit and now they can be easily accessed without having to bend down, which is very convenient.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great quality! Truly top of the line!- December 5, 2020
Really great quality! Truly top of the line! Took a few time using to get used to the touch screen interface. You can favorite you most used cycle options and manage them through the Whirlpool app. App also notifies of cycle completion, so if I’m in the office on the other side of the house I don’t have to have a buzzer to know my clothes are dry! Thought the door seemed a little flimsy at first, but after opening and closing for several months now it seems to be quite sturdy. Seems to be a little louder when running than my old one, but maybe just because this one works so much better. Clothes seem to be drying faster in this new one, and the outside of the dryer isn’t as hot, even after running several cycles in a row.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fetures, Easy to Use, Save: Energy, Time & $- October 31, 2019
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] Wow! Plenty of room to dry large loads. Bulky items : Comforters, Sleeping Bags, no problem. Space saving : Fits into 33 installation depth. Stackable. Energy Star ratings that exceed the Government standard. Saving : Resources, Time and Money. Touch Screen that adapts to you with continued use and customized settings. Wrinkles : Thing of the past. Wrinkle Shield Plus with optional steam, up to 150 minuets or until the door opens the tumbling and steam keeps wrinkles at bay. Steam Refresh Cycle : Water and heat to remove wrinkles on dried clothing; eliminates the need to re wash. Saving time and resources. Sanitize Cycle : Eliminate 99.9 % Common household bacteria. Tested were K. Pneumonia, P. Aeruginosa and S. Aureus. Never over dry : 3 sensors track moisture and adapt drying times to end cycles at the right time. Static Reduce Option : Sprat mist and tumbling after load is dry. Eco Boost : Lower temperatures and extended cycle time, energy saving back to you. Bulky Items : Sweaters, Pillows, Sneakers and hats. Use the dryer rack for tumble free drying. Smart Phone and Wi -Fi technology is included to save time. New Apps and features being added. My only complaints are the 1 year warranty. For a dryer of this quality and price it should be longer. Also the vent pushes the dryer away from the wall and eats ups space.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.