Whirlpool 7.4 Cu. Ft. Gas Dryer (WGD5100HC) - Chrome Shadow
Dry every load
- 7.4 cu. ft. capacity gives you plenty of space to dry large loads or bulky items, like pillows and bedding
- Gas dryers use less resources and often help you save on utility bills
Powerful drying features
- Intuitive Controls guide you to a recommended setting for your load or let you customize your own drying cycle from 35 unique combinations, so you get the perfect fit for every load
- EcoBoost option uses less heat and energy to dry your clothes more slowly, saving on power bills while still delivering great performance
- Wrinkle Shield option tumbles your dry clothes without heat for up to 150 minutes, helping prevent wrinkles from setting in while you get to the dryer
- AccuDry sensor technology uses two built-in sensors to monitor moisture and temperature levels, ensuring that you get an evenly dried load without overdrying, every time
- Sanitize cycle eliminates 99.9% of common household bacteria, perfect for loads of towels or flu season
Convenience and style
- Hamper-style front-opening door lets you transfer loads in and out of the washer without dropping items on the floor
- Chrome shadow finish adds a sleek clean look to your laundry room
- When pairing with a washer (sold separately), choose a washer with roughly half the capacity of the dryer
- Width: 68.58cm (27")
- Height: 103.84cm (40.88")
- Depth: 75.9cm (29.88")
Our Major Appliances come with a concierge call
There's a lot to consider when buying an appliance. That's why our Appliance Delivery Specialists call within 24* hours of your purchase. (If you complete your order after 7pm ET, we'll call you the next day.)
Please note: During the holiday season from November to January call back times may increase to up to 3 days.
Some things Appliance Delivery Specialists can help with:
- Ensure you have the appropriate required accessories
- Walk you through what your delivery day will look like
- Change your scheduled delivery appointment*
- Add additional services like installation and recycling to your order*
*If you're a remote delivery customer, these services may not be available to you. Please call 1-866-585-4494 for more information, or if you do not hear from us within 3 days.
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 213 reviewers who responded, 192 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- No sense- September 25, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] We bought this dryer a month ago and have struggled to get it to dry our clothes completely because of the sensors. If we have a variety of thickness of fabrics, the load will be damp at the end of the cycle. I’ll run it again, but the sensors think it should be done and in 10 min it says the cycle is complete but the clothes are still damp. I now have to sort my loads according to the sensor chart in the manual, but I was actually able to have a dry load at the end. This dryer looks great, has many features and options, but I regret buying a dryer with sensors. The sensors also make sounds throughout using it that take some getting used to.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Great dryer- April 26, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] My wife and I recently purchased this dryer and the washer as well. We have been very pleased so far. This dryer is an upgrade from what we had and we love the options it offers. It's simple and has the perfect amount of settings for drying your clothes. It's efficient and dry our clothes perfectly. The only thing I've noticed is the eco boost option. I understand it's function, use less energy. However, it will use a lot less heat as well. For me it seems to add about 40 mins to my dry time. If it adds that much time, can it really save more energy? Besides that I love the dryer, I just don't dry with the ecoboost. This is a great dryer and we would recommend it to anyone.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just purchased this very nice dryer- September 9, 2021
Just purchased this very nice dryer with all the useful controls and none of the ones I don't need, one caveat however is that when set on normal for some loads this dryer does not dry long enough and I have to start it again to finish off the drying as some clothes are still damp but not wet, no problem though just a little inconvenient and I love Whirlpool appliances both my homes have all Whirlpool appliances and they all run for years with no problems, no repairs and are very reliable so I will live with this feature, I have no complaints about Timed Dry works perfect and would recommend Whirlpool brandYes, I would recommend this to a friend.