Zoom H2N Digital Audio Recorder (ZOOM -ZH2N)
- Features 5 built-in microphones and 4 recording modes: Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90-degree X/Y stereo, and both 2-channel and 4-channel surround
- Offers analog-type input gain control, Auto Gain provides 3 preset recording levels, and a built-in reference speaker for fast monitoring
- Stereo 1/8-inch mic/line in mini phone jack with Plug-in power and stereo 1/8-inch phone/line output jack with dedicated volume control
- Has a large 1.8 inch backlit LCD display
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Auto-record and Pre-record features
- WAV to MP3 conversion, built-in effects, including compression/limiting and low-cut filtering
- Onboard MS decoding, Normalize and Divide functions, and Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150% for phrase training
- Variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for data exchange to and from computer and use as a USB microphone
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Data recovery function automatically saves data if power fails or card is removed
- Mounts directly to tripod or DSLR
- Runs on only 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17, USB to AC type)
- Over 20 hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Operation Manual
- 2GB SD Card
- 2 x AA Batteries
- Steinberg WaveLab LE Editing Software
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 20 reviewers who responded, 20 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Certaily a bargain-maybe much better- May 18, 2017
I have had limited use of this new recorder having only recently bought it. I was afraid it would be difficult to learn but it is surprisingly intuitive. My only complaint is that the accompanying instruction book is printed in type that is hard to read. After less than an hour of reading and experimenting, I was making recordings. Although I bought it to do interviews for a book, it turns out to do music recordings of my string band very nicely. I am only giving it four stars because I haven't fully tested it. If possible, I will return after using it and edit this review in light of more experience.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- May well be better than good!- June 23, 2017
This recorder is small, seems rugged and works well for my limted needs which are two: 1) Music rehearsal recording 2) Transcribing interviews. (By playing at 50% speed but at same tone, making typing transcripts easier) The reason for 4 rather than five stars is because the software for editing which is t be downloaded was impossible for me to install. I was very disappointed. Most of the controls are intuitive but, still after a month of using this recorder, I still have to mess around a bit, guessing, in order to get to the function I want. Recording is a breeze, one button and it starts. There are a number of functions that I don't yet understand. They may turn out to be very helpfulYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Recorder for Musical Performances- September 10, 2013
I purchased this recorder to take on a road trip to a guitar camp. We were allowed to record the workshops. The sound quality and clearness of the recording was amazing. It took a little practice to learn all the controls, but it was worth it. The recorder is compact in size but does a great job. I recommend getting the accessory pack since it have a hard shell case and a tripod. Recording to MP3 format, the 32GB SDHC card can record forever. I recorded over 10 hours of workshops on the same set of batteries, so it's pretty efficient. But it's always good to carry extras. I did not use the AC adaptor yet since I used this for field recordings. Transferring files to my laptop was easy. Overall a great valueYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good features and sound- July 31, 2013
For the money, it's a pretty good digital recorder. I've used it as a field microphone for videos and the sound quality and stereo separation is quite good. It's very sensitive to wind, though, so you'll want a wind screen. For narration, I think the sound quality is a little tinny, but it's easy to adjust for that in post. It's very easy to use for the most part, though the sensitivity pattern indicators are a little confusing. The diagram on the microphone for the X+Y setting points the wrong direction. The manual is correct and is worth reading.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Realy great mic.- April 9, 2013
This is a very nice mic. All 5 mics on this piece record in great quality. All of the settings and options are very easy to use and maneuver. The guitar tuner on it could be fine tuned a bit better, but I think the fact that it has one at all is pretty amazing. It hooks up to my DAW w/ no problem. Field recordings are synch and sound fantastic. The batteries never seem to run out. This is a fine Condenser and Dynamic mic combo unit. The body of the mic does seem as if it could break easy, but I have yet to confirm that as a problem because mine is still working fine. I will update my review if I ever run into any issues. Until then I would say look no further. This thing rocks for multitudes of uses. It gets my award for sound quality and versatility.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.