Zoom Q8 HD Flash Memory Camcorder & Four-Track Audio Recorder - Black
Available online only
- Supports WVGA and HD video formats up to 2304 x 1296 pixels for crisp, clear video
- F2.0/160-degree wide-angle lens with selectable viewing angles can capture more in the frame
- 2.7-inch full-colour rotating touchscreen LCD screen offers versatility in framing and reviewing video
- 10 Scene options take the guesswork out of shooting in different lighting conditions, such as a low-lit concert venue or sun-filled park
- 2 XLR/TRS combo inputs allow you to connect external microphones and line-level sources
- USB output lets you connect the Q8 with your computer for live streaming, or use as a webcam or USB microphone
- Stereo headphone/line out jack enables audio monitoring, while an HDMI output enables video monitoring
- Q8 can record audio with video or be used as a standalone stereo or 4-channel audio-only recorder
- Detachable stereo X/Y microphone captures audio with natural depth and width, but is also interchangeable with other Zoom microphone capsules
- Microphone supports high-res 24-bit/96kHz audio
- Supplied windscreen and low-cut filter eliminate low-frequency noise and rumble
- Included lithium-ion battery lasts over 2 hours when shooting at 720p/30fps and longer when using audio recording-only mode
- Attachable to any tripod and includes a tripod-to-three-prong converter to use with action camera mounts
LCD & Viewfinder
- Detachable Stereo X/Y Microphone Capsule (XYQ-8)
- Foam Windscreen
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- USB Cable (50 cm)
- Tripod to Three-Prong Action Camera Mount Adapter
- Lens Cover
- Lens Hood
- Operation Manual
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 13 reviewers who responded, 10 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Capable and powerful in a small footprint- February 22, 2019
Zoom came through with a solid, and highly portable package. The included xy mic has a great pickup area and the audio is clean and ready to use without much effort. The addition 2 channels for XLR gear is a great bonus. It does not have the ability to change out lenses and the digital-only zoom can be limiting; but at this price point, there are expected limits. A perfect camera for small trips where you don't want to take the full kit and still need a quality product.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed- April 29, 2020
Look, I am very disappointed with this product to the point where I am even upset with those that reviewed it. I needed a camera to stream videos of music and other sound media. The video is mediocre at best. My initial review is much worse (that is as positive review I am able to give the video). The audio was not good at all even when I plugged in right and left from my sound board. Very disappointed...No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Good sound, video not good even in medium light- September 2, 2019
This product records great sound for the price especially when paired with the free HandyShare software. I'm glad it has its own battery instead of requiring double AA batteries like in old models. Unfortunately, the video only looks acceptable when you have very bright lighting. Even medium lighting (say what lighting you would like at home in the evening) looks bad. It can record to a resolution up to 2,304x1,296 but the video can still looks pixelated due to the lighting. Also, the touchscreen is terrible! Don't even think of using your fingers with this thing - get some sort of pointer otherwise you'll never hit the correct icon on the screen. You should consider buying this thing if good sound for a cheap price is your only consideration. However, if sound is that important to you then it's probably better for you to invest in a good sound setup that you could hook up to a separate but decent video recorder.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.