Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator
- Upgradeable operating system
- Real and complex numbers calculated to 14-digit accuracy and displayed with 10 digits plus a 2-digit exponent
- Graphs 10 rectangular functions, 6 parametric expressions, 6 polar expressions, and 3 recursively-defined sequences.
- Up to 10 graphing functions defined, saved, graphed, and analyzed at one time.
- Sequence graphing mode shows time series plot, cobweb/ stair-step plot, and phase plots.
- User-defined list names. Lists store up to 999 elements.
- 14 interactive zoom features
- Function evaluation table shows numeric evaluation of functions in table format
- Interactive analysis of function values, roots, maximums, minimums, integrals, and derivatives
- 7 different graph styles for differentiating the look of each graph drawn
- Horizontal and vertical split- screen options
- Matrix operations including inverse, determinant, transpose, augment, reduced row echelon form, and elementary row operations. Convert matrices to lists and vice-versa
- List-based one- and two-variable statistical analysis, including logistic, sinusoidal, median-median, linear, logarithmic, exponential, power, quadratic polynomial, cubic polynomial, and quadratic polynomial regression models
- 3 statistical plot definitions for scatter plots, xy-line plots, histograms, regular and modified box-and-whisker plots, and normal probability plots
- Advanced statistics features including 9 hypothesis testing functions, 6 confidence interval functions, and one-way analysis of variance
- 15 probability distribution functions including Normal, Student-t, Chi-square, Binomial, and Poisson
- Business functions including Time-Value-of-Money (TVM), cash flows, and amortization. Full screen interactive editor for solving TVM problems
- Interactive equation solver editor for solving for different variables in an equation
- Alphabetical CATALOG of all TI handheld operations in one menu
- Programming capability with the number of programs limited only by available memory
- Link with another TI-83 Plus or TI-83. Receive lists L1-L6 from TI-82
- Slide Case
- Connectivity Cables
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 472 reviewers who responded, 463 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great calculator with many features- April 19, 2019
This calculator is very reliable, easy to use and definitely good quality; it's the most durable calculator I have ever had. It can't get better than this. The TI-83+ has all the features you need, but avoid the extra nonsense you don't really need in the more advanced calculators. Some professors won't let you use more advanced calculators, so definitely check with them if you're considering a more advanced calculator. I use my TI-83+ in all my classes and it's reasonably priced compared to others. I strongly recommend this calculator for high school and collage. I am happy I made the right choice to purchase it.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good intro graphic calc- July 15, 2009
First of all, when you're done with this calculator do your self a favor and recycle it for cash on www.cash4calcs.com. I used for calc and statistics, but had to upgrade to a TI-89 for physics and chem. This calculator is sweet - it's like a game boy once you download all the games from your friends. I've personally spent at least 50 hours programming simple games on it as well - I would recommend the TI-83 to anyone who has an interest in computer programming as it serves well as an introduction.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good calculator, not good for fractions- February 28, 2015
Well I am still trying to learn what it does, but I have another calculator that is not scientific that can handle fractions, square roots, etc much better than this calculator. The screen is big which is good, but it does not display any fraction at all. Its confusing how to do square roots too. So I don't know what else to say. Its ok, but if you are looking for a calculator to actually display a legit fraction or square root, the TI-84 and TI-89 does it great.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.