August Wi-Fi Smart Lock (4th Generation) - Matte Black
- Smart lock allows you to remotely lock and unlock your door, check the door's status, and give guests virtual keys
- Easy installation lets you attach the lock to your existing deadbolt so you can keep your original keys
- Integrated Wi-Fi connects to the app right out of the box with no bridge required
- Activity feed in the app shows you everyone who has entered or exited your home, along with the exact times of their arrivals and departures
- Auto-unlock function detects when you arrive home and unlocks the door for you; it can also be set to lock the door every time it closes
- Send virtual keys to family and friends right from the app to provide instant access to anyone who needs it
- DoorSense lets you know whether your door is open or closed
- Compatible with Siri, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant for voice-controlled convenience
- Apple HomeKit-enabled so you can control the lock with your iPhone, Apple Watch, Apple TV, HomePod, or iPad
- Smart Alerts make it easy to customise your alert preferences so you're only notified about the things you want to know
- Two-factor authentication plus AES 128-bit and TLS encryption deliver bank-grade security for your data
- Classic matte-black finish and modern design enhance the look of your home
- August Wi-Fi Smart Lock
- DoorSense Sensor
- 2 x CR123 Batteries
- Lock Adapter
- Mounting Hardware
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 861 reviewers who responded, 696 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Works but has issues- June 26, 2020
This was a replacement for a 2nd generation lock that stopped working. That one used an Apple TV as a bridge for wifi. It generally worked and it never lost the wifi connection. This one has lost the wifi connection twice already and I have had to type in the password to fix it. The app is also iffy on this, as one one of two iPhones I can't set the auto unlock (it just keeps showing the auto-lock screen instead). Speaking of auto-unlock, the old lock auto-unlocked when the car pulled up in the driveway. This one unlocks when I'm right at the front door. So I'm not sure the wifi does much. Still, I love not having to have a front door key.
- High Expectations- June 20, 2020
I had very high expectations for this product coming from the 3rd Gen Smart Lock. Out of the box, it would not set up with my Android phones. I spent over an hour with August Support attempting everything in the book, with no success. I later attempted the installation with my daughters iPad, and it worked. After some screen recordings, and logs, in the end I was informed this issue is still under investigation. Approaching a month with this Smart Lock and auto-unlock works about 50% of the time, at best. It unlocks a full minute too-late, or not at all. So far this lock has been disappointing, I hope it gets better with future firmware updates.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Does exactly what I thought it would...- June 11, 2020
I was really excited for the launch of the lock, and purchased at the first chance I could. I purchased it for a private home, not for a rental property. The lock itself was really easy to install and setup on the app. After an update, it has worked perfectly. If I were to have any complaint, it would be the battery. We have had the lock for roughly a month, and we have to replace the batteries. This is all okay, except the battery type is less common (CR123's or 123A's) than the standard Walmart/Target offering, so finding batteries has not been straight-forward. All in all, I am very content with the app and the lock performance.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.