Netgear Wireless AC1200 Wi-Fi Dual Band USB Adapter (A6150-100PAS)
- Wirelessly connects your notebook or desktop computer to an 11ac network
- Delivers blazing-fast Wi-Fi speeds of between 300Mbps at 2.4GHz and 867Mbps at 5GHz in ideal conditions
- Connects via USB 2.0 port
- Next generation 802.11ac delivers up to 3 times the speed of 2x2 wireless N adapters
- Robust range coverage allows this adapter to cover large offices and multi-floor homes
- Dual-band design reduces interference and improves reliability
- Beamforming+ technology boosts speed, range, and reliability of Wi-Fi connections
- MU-MIMO technology enables this adapter to transmit and receive data from several devices at once
- Backwards compatible with legacy 802.11 a/b/g/n networks
- Included CD makes installation a cinch
- Small size makes this adapter ideal for travel and plug-and-forget uses cases and also ensures it does not block other ports during use
- Works with Mac OS 10.9-10.13 and 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7, 8, and 10
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 316 reviewers who responded, 286 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Windows 10 install details- December 1, 2019
I'm very happy with this. The internal wifi card in my laptop died and, therefore, I had no ability to connect to the internet. The laptop also does not have a CD drive... This dongle is NOT plug and play - plugging it into the port, even with a reboot, did nothing. The unit comes with an install CD, which I couldn't use - but the instructions also had the website to download the executable install program. I used another laptop to download the program onto a thumb drive, and then inserted that into the intended laptop; unzipped the file and ran the .exe program. Then I inserted the netgear dongle and it was instantly recongnized. Works great.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Laptop Upgrade- May 8, 2020
Bought this to upgrade my wife's laptop from 802.11n to 802.11ac (WIFI 5). Works well and small size means she can just leave it in the USB port all the time. An adapter with a larger antenna might provide more range, but it would be more awkward to have sticking out of the laptop. Small blue LED on device shows when data is being transferred. Easy to install, but if you're updating a computer with a built adapter you need to disable the old adapter (Netgear's instructions do no include this step). In Windows 10 go to Network Settings, bring up the page that shows the adapters. Right click on the old adapter and choose Disable.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great upgrade for older laptop!- September 4, 2020
I upgraded an older, but very expensive, Thinkpad X220 with a new SSD, Windows 10, and a new keyboard. All worked well except for WiFi...Windows 10 did not work properly with the original internal WiFi card. No direct replacement card is available for this machine, so we shopped for an external WiFi device. This tiny USB adapter works perfectly and permits very fast up- and down-load speed. The range is amazing, and I don't know how they do that! This was much easier than trying to do surgery on the internal card and BIOS. It is small and runs cool and fast. Now I have a "new" laptop.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.