Nikon AF Speedlight Flash (SB-5000)
- Designed for use by photography veterans, professionals, and passionate enthusiasts
- Compatible with the Nikon D5 and D500, and with all current optical control Speedlights (each sold separately)
- Advanced Wireless Lighting does not require line-of-sight to work and allows you to control up to 6 groups of SB-5000 AF Speedlights up to 98 ft. away (requires compatible DSLR, Nikon D5 or D500, and optional WR-A10 (wireless remote adapter) and WR-R10 (wireless remote controller). All sold separately)
- Integrated flash cooling system with a heat-shedding design allows the flash full output on more than 100 consecutive shots without overheating
- Quick access to frequently-used functions such as Flash Mode, Zoom Head Position, and Flash Compensation Value
- Guide Number of 34.5m (113 ft.) at ISO 100 and 35mm or 55m (180 ft.) at ISO 100 and 200mm (FX format, standard illumination pattern)
- Flash head tilts down with click-stops at -7 degrees, 0 degrees, 45 degrees, 60 degrees, 75 degrees, and 90 degrees
- Flash head rotates horizontally with click-stops at 0 degrees, 30 degrees, 60 degrees, 75 degrees, 90 degrees, 120 degrees, 150 degrees, and 180 degrees
- Can be used off-camera, wirelessly, as a remote flash controlled by your compatible camera's built-in flash, another Speedlight (sold separately), or the SU-800 Wireless Speedlight Commander (sold separately)
- Includes Unified Flash Control, allowing it to be controlled from a personal computer using the optional Camera Control Pro 2 (Version 2.23 or later) software
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 71 reviewers who responded, 70 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Well Made Versatile Nikon Flash- February 14, 2020
My Nikon SB-5000 AF Speedlight has come in handy on a few occasions now and i am happy with the results. A definite buy on my part.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reliable powerful professional flash- February 29, 2020
I am a part time professional who has 3 SB-5000 with this purchase. I am impressed with the 1.8 second recycle time. However, I hook my sb-5000s to a quantum turbo sc for even quicker recycle times. Heat from flash is not an issue like the Sb-900. Please make sure when you set up the flash that you do not inadvertently turn off the the fan in the flash via the system interface. I love how you can command multiple flashes via the creative flash system. These flashes also works great with the 2 sb-910 I have and the two sb-800. I really get professional results. This was a purchase I would recommend.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the $- July 27, 2021
I tried cheap style flash for years but knew I needed something better for doing events. For on camera flash this is the brightest I've used so far. Super bright with lots of controls and super fast refresh. It's worth the $ if you're a pro or semi pro. It's not as bright as one of those heavy ones with a curtain however, it will still surprise you.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flash has it all- June 15, 2019
There are flashes and there are FLASHES and this is the later … only thing is it takes time to learn all the functionality of what it can do … point and shoot is all you want, it have it out of the box, but this can do so much more.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome upgrade- March 15, 2019
Upgrading from a sb700 and preforms awesome on my D810. Back panel layout is user friendly. Worth the expense that I put off for sometime considering cheaper options. Hub store made walk in and walk out purchase a breeze.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns