Philips Hue Bridge 2.0
The Philips Hue Bridge 2.0 is the brains behind your smart home system, allowing you to control your Philips Hue devices using the Philips Hue app on your mobile device. Powerful enough to handle up to 50 lights, this 2.0 bridge works with Apple HomeKit, so your lights can be controlled using Siri and linked to other Apple HomeKit-enabled devices.
A friend of yours was so impressed with your Philips Hue smart lighting system he went out and got one of his own. He called to rave about all the cool features—most of which, of course, you were more than familiar with.
"I love how I can set it up exactly the way I want it. And being able to control it all from my phone is really cool. Plus it's sweet that I can keep adding lights and switches to the system whenever I want, up to something like 50 products."
None of this was news to you. But what did pique your interest was when he started talking about the heart of the lighting system, the bridge. He's got the Philips Hue Bridge 2.0. What's new with this version? Well, the big difference is that it's compatible with Apple HomeKit. That means your friend can actually control his lights using Siri on his iOS device. Pretty cool, eh?
It also means his Philips Hue system can work together with other Apple HomeKit-enabled devices in his home. Imagine getting home from work and with a simple "Hey Siri, I'm home," your front door unlocks, the lights turn on, and the heat gets turned up. Now that's a fully connected home experience.
What you need to know:
- The brain of your system: The bridge is a key component of your Philips Hue smart lighting system, as it lets you control your Philips Hue lights using the Philips Hue app on your smartphone.
- Compatible with Apple HomeKit: The Philips Hue Bridge 2.0 works with Apple HomeKit, enabling convenient voice control via Siri and allowing you to connect to other HomeKit-compatible devices so you can get the most out of your smart home.
- Peace of mind: All Apple HomeKit data is end-to-end encrypted, so you can rest assured knowing that the only people who can control your smart home system are the members of your household.
- Convenient compatibility: If you're upgrading your old bridge to the Hue Bridge 2.0, all your existing Philips Hue lights and switches will work with the new model and can be controlled via Apple HomeKit.
- Easily expandable: With the Philips Hue Bridge 2.0, you can add up to 50 Philips lights, luminaires, switches, and other accessories at any time. Growing and customizing your system is quick and easy.