SanDisk Extreme 1TB External Solid State Drive (SDSSDE61-1T00-G25)
- 1TB storage capacity grants you ample room for all your raw files, games, media, documents, and more
- 1050MB/s maximum data transfer rate ensures file handling operations are performed faste which saves lots of time
- USB-C interface offers blazing fast data transfer speeds and loads of other advantages
- External form factor is compact and travel-friendly, so you can easily fit one in your bag or in your pocket
- Rugged build is durable and resistant to water and dust with IP55 rating, so your data remains safe
- Compatible with devices running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, macOS High Sierra, macOS Sierra, and macOS X El Capitan
- SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD
- USB Type‐C to Type‐C Cable
- Type‐C to Type‐A Adapter
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 484 reviewers who responded, 477 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Fastest and lightest portable USB HDD I ever used.- January 22, 2021
This is the fastest Portable USB Hard drive I have ever used. It is made by Western Digital who owns SanDisk. WD is known for making one of the most reliable hardrives in the industry. It comes with a USB Type C to USB Type A dongle for use on devices with older USB Type A ports. It also had a 5 year warranty. I would highly recommend this Sandisk SSD Portable USB drive to anyone who wants the fastest Portable USB Hard drive and the lightest one I have ever used. It works with the Xbox one X and the Xbox Series S & X. You can't install Xbox Series S or X games on it.. you can only install Xbox One, 360 and original Xbox games.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but needs 3" Longer Cable, & a FlipDown Leg- September 1, 2021
Great Speed and not too much heat, running on my Mac Mini M1. Form factor is a bit smaller than even expected, cute and manageable. However, the included cable is Way Too Short, risking torque on a USB-C port when trying to arrange the cable to not be right up against the adjacent HDMI cable - so be gentle... The included cable should be 2" to 4" inches longer - PLEASE :) And, to upgrade the Great Design of the casing - add a 1" flip down leg, for the option to raise the unit at one end - for more air flow and less heat. Having it sit flat on top of a machine makes it prone to getting hotter during large transfers, and thus could reduce lifespan.
- Amazing storage technology- July 2, 2021
I buy a lot of external hard drives to both back up my computers and to store my photographic work. In terms of lightweight storage and protection this SanDisk is amazing. Now you can pay a similar price to get a HDD that will have more storage ( I can think of at least three drive makers that have 5TB drives for about the same price ) but this SanDisk SSD is ridiculously small and solid in design. I literally put it in the pocket on my camera bag wear I would usually put an energy bar. The SanDisk also seems solid enough to take some shocks without the worry of head crashes. It is also extremely fast on both read and write. You can rely on this bit of technology.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.