Sonos Amp 125W Amplifier
Impressive power, versatile design
- 125 watts (at 8 ohms) per channel provides high-fidelity sound for even the most demanding speakers
- Direct digital input eliminates the need for analog conversion to deliver clear undistorted sound
- Compatible with bookshelf, floor-standing, in-wall, and in-ceiling speakers
- Connect your turntable or stereo to enjoy vinyl, CDs, and audio files stored on your devices in addition to streaming
- Connects to your TV for home theatre enhancement
- Wi-Fi-connected Amp makes it easy to connect Sonos speakers in different rooms
You're in control
- Control Amp with the Sonos app, AirPlay, or your favourite music service's app
- AirPlay compatibility means you can stream music from your Mac, iPad or iPhone
- Adjustable bass and treble controls to optimize sound performance
- Adjust volume by individual room or by groups of rooms
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa
Setup made simple
- Engineered to power your outdoor and indoor speakers
- HDMI ARC lets you connect stereo or surround sound to your TV for shows, movies, and games
- Streamlined set of ports make setup simple and allow easy cable management
- Threaded connections for left and right channels are standard diameter so you can remove them and use your own banana plugs
- Use any standard HDMI cable and the Optical Audio Adapter to connect Amp to your TV’s optical audio output if your TV doesn't have an HDMI ARC port
- Regular software updates mean your Sonos Amp is constantly getting better
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 967 reviewers who responded, 891 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Good product, terrible setup procedure- May 17, 2020
The setup procedure to add to my existing Sonos system was terrible, it kept failing to add the new Sonos Amp. I tried everything suggested on the Sonos support webpages then tried to phone the support hotline. I waited in the queue for over 1 hour only for the line to go dead as soon as I was next in-line! I only managed to get it working by googling for an answers and someone suggested using the "Missing Sonos" option I the app which finally got my product working. Nowhere is this suggested on the Sonos Support pages. I was ready to return the product after all the frustrations but the sound is good so we'll see how it goes long term.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Great Option to get my sound Outdoors- October 27, 2020
I purchased this product to get sound in my backyard. I have 4 non-Sonos branded outdoor speakers connected which is the max recommended. I have noticed that the volume needs to be slightly higher than the indoor sonos speakers to hear it clearly, not sure if it is because I've connected 4 speakers instead of 2 or if it is just a side effect of no walls. Either way, it's now great to have seemless sound between the inside and outside during family gatherings. This was purchased before sonos had outdoor speakers, but it is far more cost effective than 4 sonos outdoor speakers (or sonance for that matter). I paired it with Polk outdoor speakers.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Performs well above expectations- March 29, 2019
I bought the Amp after doing a considerable amount of reading on the Sonos forums. There were a number of negative comments about the performance of the Amp in a 'Home Theatre' setup so I must admit to being sceptical about how it would sound when linked to my TV and built in wall speakers. I have to admit to being very pleasantly surprised at the sound quality, in particular the 'phantom' centre speaker. This worked far better than I had anticipated and has turned out to be better than some of the forum comments. I have absolutely no regrets in replacing my 5.1 system with the Amp and will now start saving for the second Amp to drive my rear speakers.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.