Sony Alpha 7 IV Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera (Body Only)
Compact and powerful
- Full-frame compact mirrorless interchangeable lens camera is ideal for both professional photographers and next-gen image creators
- Compatible with lenses that fit the Sony E-Mount system (lenses sold separately)
- 33MP back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor ensures professional-grade image quality
- Enhanced BIONZ X image processing with front-end LSI and DRAM accurately reproduces textures, tone, and details
- Captures 10-bit 4K video with full pixel readout and no pixel binning in Super 35 mode
- Shoot with impressively low levels of noise throughout the standard range of ISO 100-51200 (expandable to ISO 50-204800 for stills and ISO 100-102400 for movies)
- 15+-stop dynamic range captures a wide range of contrast between light and dark
- Continuous burst shooting at up to 10fps at 33MP with AF/AE tracking ensures you never miss an important moment
Stunning captures with real-time AF tracking
- 5-axis, in-body image stabilization with 5.5 step shutter speed advantage offer incredibly crisp, smooth images
- Active Mode delivers highly effective in-camera optical image stabilization during hand-held movie shoots
- Fast Hybrid AF system with 759-point phase-detection AF and 425 contrast AF points deliver fast and reliable autofocus capabilities for both stills and movies
- Real-time tracking and real-time Eye-AF for humans, animals, and birds help you to focus in on any subject for both still shots and movies
- Multi-selector direct AF point selection and AF-ON button give you control over your autofocus experience
Advanced movie features
- Focus Map feature lets you easily visualize depth of field and which areas are in and out of focus when you're in movie mode
- Focus breathing compensation automatically maintains a consistent angle of view for more movie-like focus transitions
- AF Assist function lets you seamlessly switch to and from autofocus and manual focus during movie shoots
Display and editing features
- 3-inch vari-angle 1.03-mega-dot side-opening LCD screen with touch control gives you plenty of flexibility for previews, selfies, and more
- 3.68 mega-dot high-definition Quad-VGA OLED viewfinder enhances your view with a 37.3-degree field of view and a 23mm high eyepoint
- S-log 2 / 3 workflow and instant HDR with Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) allow for seamless editing
- All-Intra (XAVC S-I) recording helps capture complex motion more accurately and allows more efficient editing workflows
- Cine colour gamut settings make it easy to match your footage with footage from other select Cinema Line cameras (sold separately)
Storage and data transfer
- High-speed 2.4 and 5GHz Wi-Fi / FTP transfer and wireless PC remote give you plenty of options for sharing or transferring files wirelessly
- In-body wireless LAN uses a 5GHz band in addition to the 2.4GHz band (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac standards are supported), for fast data transfer
- Super speed USB Type-C (USB 3.2 Gen 2) compatible and Micro USB ports enable simple connections to your computer or other device
- Dual UHS-II SD media card slots allow you to add plenty of storage capacity (media cards sold separately)
Rugged and reliable
- Lightweight, high-rigidity magnesium alloy body with dust and moisture resistance stands up to a wide range of conditions during outdoor shoots
- Thermal mounting design provides heat to image sensor to move freely during image stabilization while heat is efficiently dissipated
- Z-series rechargeable battery gives you long-lasting battery life while you're out on a shoot
- Multi Interface Shoe with digital audio provides reliable, high-quality sound
See Details and Specs for more information
Storage & Interface
- ILCE-7M4/B Camera Body
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FZ100
- USB Charger
- Shoulder Strap
- Body Cap
- Multi Interface Shoe Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- USB-A to USB-C Cable (USB 3.2)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 42 reviewers who responded, 39 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great camera, what more could I ask for- February 4, 2022
Great camera, 33 MP is clutch, big upgrade coming from Sony A6400Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- A worthy upgrade.- February 25, 2022
If you coming from the A7iii, I think it is an excellent upgrade. The auto focus itself is worth it. Wether if you are shooting video or stills, it just grab on the subject without fail even if you are shooting at f1.2. If you are upgrading from the a6000's it's a no brainer.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Upgrade at a great price- May 4, 2022
Great upgrade from the already great A7 III. I've had the A7 III for a few years now and was looking to upgrade. The A7 series of camera's has been good but the A7 III made them a great buy at that price point. The IV continues this with offering amazing features found in much more expensive cameras while keeping cost at a reasonable point. If you are a studio photographer go for the R, if you shoot video go for the S, if sports are your thing or you want the best of the best, you can go with the A9 II or A1. But if you need a great all around performer that may not be the absolute best at anything but very good at everything, this is the one to get.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- A7iv is the best hybrid in the game!- January 17, 2022
Sony really stepped up their game on this one! The flip out screen and video quality is an amazing plus. This is definitely a must have for hybrid videographers and photographers.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near Perfect Camera- December 25, 2021
This camera has so many great features and updates to the Sony ecosystem that there is very little to actually want this to also have as a feature. It’s a perfect hybrid camera especially something that’s not super focused in a particular niche. I’ve upgraded from the A7RM3 And a lot of the things that I wish would be an improvement this camera has. Amazing auto focus, great resolution, and awesome video features. I was originally a Canon shooter and this new upgrade further solidified my investment in the brand with Sony and I am glad of the choice that I have chosen.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns