Sony Alpha a6400 Mirrorless Vlogger Camera with 16-50mm OSS Lens Kit
Technology that inspires new perspectives
- 24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS image sensor and latest-generation BIONZ X image processor optimizes image quality and delivers advanced colour reproduction in all types of shooting conditions
- Standard ISO ranges up to ISO 32000 for both still and movie, and is expandable up to ISO 102400 for still images, with excellent noise reduction at medium and high sensitivities
- 425 phase-detection AF points and 425 contrast-detection AF points that are placed densely over the entire image area, covering approximately 84% of the image area
- Continuous shooting at up to 11 fps with accurate AF/AE tracking, and up to 8fps with full AF/AE tracking while silent shooting
- Real-time Eye AF employs AI-based object recognition to detect your subject’s face and eyes in real time for extremely high tracking precision
- Real-time Tracking mode utilizes AI-based object recognition and processes colour, depth, and brightness as spatial information to ensure you don’t miss a moment of the action
- This a6400 model comes with the Sony SELP1650 16-50mm F3.5–5.6 zoom lens with built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
- Records 4K movies in stunning QFHD resolution (3840 x 2160) with full pixel readout and no pixel binning, and oversamples to produce high quality 4K footage with advanced detail and depth
- Fast Hybrid AF technology keeps the subject in constant smooth focus no matter the scene, and even if an object crosses in front of the camera
- Also records Full HD at 120 fps at up to 100 Mbps, allowing footage to be reviewed and eventually edited into 4x or 5x slow-motion video files in Full HD resolution with AF tracking
- Built-in interval recording for time-lapse footage can be set anywhere between 1 and 60 seconds, with a total number of shots from 1 to 9999
- AE tracking sensitivity can be adjusted to “High”, “Mid” or “Low” during interval shooting, allowing for reduced changes in exposure over the shooting interval
- HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) picture profile supports an Instant HDR workflow, allowing HDR (HLG) compatible TV’s to playback beautiful, true-to-life 4K HDR imagery
- S-Log2 and S-Log3 are available for increased color grading flexibility, as well as Zebra functionality, Gamma Display assist, and proxy recording
Designed for intuitive operation on the go
- Fully 180-degree tiltable, 3.0-type LCD flip screen with 921k-dots of resolution allows for simple and effective framing of selfie-style shooting for both still and video capture
- LCD screen is equipped with touch functionality, with options for Touch Pad, Touch Focus, Touch Shutter and Touch Tracking
- Touch Tracking lets you select your subject simply by touching the monitor
- Extensive customization with 89 functions that are assignable to 8 custom keys
- My Dial lets you assign frequently used functions to the control dial and control wheel for faster access when you're shooting
- My Menu allows registration of up to 30 different menu items for quick access to menu items you use often
- XGA OLED Tru-finder electronic viewfinder offers a high resolution, corner-to-corner view of whatever you're shooting
- Dust- and moisture-resistant magnesium alloy design has an extremely durable shutter that is rated for approximately 200,000 cycles
Connect and share
- Integrated Wi-Fi allows remote control and viewing from your compatible smart device and the PlayMemories Home app
- Built-in NFC offers simple connectivity for compatible smart devices and QR code scanning provides easy connectivity for non-NFC mobile devices
- Enjoy the effortless transfer of files to a smartphone or tablet thanks to the Imaging Edge Mobile application
Storage & Interface
- a6400 Camera Body (Black)
- SELP1650 Lens
- AC Adapter
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Lens Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- Micro USB Cable
- NPFW50 Rechargeable Battery
- Shoulder Strap
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 268 reviewers who responded, 257 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great Autofocus- January 18, 2021
Bought this to reduce the weight of my camera gear from a DSLR as I found I was carrying a compact camera around rather than my heavy gear, but as a consequence the quality and responsiveness was reduced. The A6400 has better autofocus than my DSLR, is as responsive and has the same if not slightly better quality (much more so than the compact I was using). The eye tracking is great and surprisingly sticky in that it will track like it is stuck on the eye or face or object. The exposure is highly accurate and I often do not need to dial in any compensation. All in all a remarkable camera in a small body that is suitable for most types of photography.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great camera but...- November 10, 2019
Pros: - Excellent picture quality in 4k - Plenty of setting possibilities in 4k - Amazing autofocus even video mode - Light weight - Excellent picture quality in RAW Cons: - No tracking eye focus in video mode - No face detection if external monitor connected (Samsung Galaxy S10 plus via wifi) - No 60 fps or more in 4k - No IBIS - Poor battery life - Touch screen limitation - Power zoom speed not adjustable - Rolling shutter - Using DJI Ronin SC focus wheel for zoom: not smooth Walking with gimbal (DJI Ronin SC) the picture is shaking a little bit (other cameras, for example the Olympus Pen E-PL9 is not) - any solution (firmware update)? - The attached video has been made with Ronin SC, Sony 16-50 3.5-5.6 OSS lens, picture profile 10, no color grading, no warp stabilizerYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun to use.- May 16, 2021
I purchased the a6400 as an upgrade from my a5100. Wow, is this thing fun to use! I went out for spring bird migration and shot 943 photos in 2 days. 99% of the photos were in focus. Speaking on focusing, this thing seems to focus instantaneously on the smallest of warblers. The eye autofocus feature is also amazing when working with models. I've only been shooting with this camera for a little over a week now and there is so much more that I can't wait to learn about. As amazing as the older models are if you are still shooting with one you owe it to yourself to try one of these newer models. Wow!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.