Sony Alpha a6400 Mirrorless Vlogger Camera with 18-135mm OSS Lens Kit
Technology that inspires new perspectives
- 24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS image sensor and latest-generation BIONZ X image processor optimizes image quality and delivers advanced colour reproduction in all types of shooting conditions
- Standard ISO ranges up to ISO 32000 for both still and movie, and is expandable up to ISO 102400 for still images, with excellent noise reduction at medium and high sensitivities
- 425 phase-detection AF points and 425 contrast-detection AF points that are placed densely over the entire image area, covering approximately 84% of the image area
- Continuous shooting at up to 11 fps with accurate AF/AE tracking, and up to 8fps with full AF/AE tracking while silent shooting
- Real-time Eye AF employs AI-based object recognition to detect your subject’s face and eyes in real time for extremely high tracking precision
- Real-time Tracking mode utilizes AI-based object recognition and processes colour, depth, and brightness as spatial information to ensure you don’t miss a moment of the action
- This a6400 model includes the Sony SEL18135 18–135mm F3.5–5.6 zoom lens with built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
- Records 4K movies in stunning QFHD resolution (3840 x 2160) with full pixel readout and no pixel binning, and oversamples to produce high quality 4K footage with advanced detail and depth
- Fast Hybrid AF technology keeps the subject in constant smooth focus no matter the scene, and even if an object crosses in front of the camera
- Also records Full HD at 120 fps at up to 100 Mbps, allowing footage to be reviewed and eventually edited into 4x or 5x slow-motion video files in Full HD resolution with AF tracking
- Built-in interval recording for time-lapse footage can be set anywhere between 1 and 60 seconds, with a total number of shots from 1 to 9999
- AE tracking sensitivity can be adjusted to “High”, “Mid” or “Low” during interval shooting, allowing for reduced changes in exposure over the shooting interval
- HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) picture profile supports an Instant HDR workflow, allowing HDR (HLG) compatible TV’s to playback beautiful, true-to-life 4K HDR imagery
- S-Log2 and S-Log3 are available for increased color grading flexibility, as well as Zebra functionality, Gamma Display assist, and proxy recording
Designed for intuitive operation on the go
- Fully 180-degree tiltable, 3.0-type LCD flip screen with 921k-dots of resolution allows for simple and effective framing of selfie-style shooting for both still and video capture
- LCD screen is equipped with touch functionality, with options for Touch Pad, Touch Focus, Touch Shutter and Touch Tracking
- Touch Tracking lets you select your subject simply by touching the monitor
- Extensive customization with 89 functions that are assignable to 8 custom keys
- My Dial lets you assign frequently used functions to the control dial and control wheel for faster access when you're shooting
- My Menu allows registration of up to 30 different menu items for quick access to menu items you use often
- XGA OLED Tru-finder electronic viewfinder offers a high resolution, corner-to-corner view of whatever you're shooting
- Dust- and moisture-resistant magnesium alloy design has an extremely durable shutter that is rated for approximately 200,000 cycles
Connect and share
- Integrated Wi-Fi allows remote control and viewing from your compatible smart device and the PlayMemories Home app
- Built-in NFC offers simple connectivity for compatible smart devices and QR code scanning provides easy connectivity for non-NFC mobile devices
- Enjoy the effortless transfer of files to a smartphone or tablet thanks to the Imaging Edge Mobile application
Storage & Interface
- a6400 Camera Body (Black)
- SEL18135 Lens
- AC Adapter
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Lens Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- Micro USB Cable
- NPFW50 Rechargeable Battery
- Shoulder Strap
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 696 reviewers who responded, 677 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- I AM GETTING PHOTOGRAPHS I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD- March 28, 2019
I had heard a lot about this product on Youtube good and bad. I was going to the Photography Show at Birmingham NEC. So visited the Sony stand to have a closer look. And was not disappointed. So impressed I bought one off one of the trade stands at the show. I also bought an adaptor to fit other lenses to it from other brands. Which when I got home using other brand lenses I got full functionality from the Sony A6400 all the fantastic features as you can see by the photos of birds I took. Not only was I impressed so was my friend he bought one as well after the results he saw I was getting.I am still going through all the menus to find what the camera can do. It is a new learning curve.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing camera for a beginner like myself.- October 13, 2021
Now owned for 18 months. Ive gone from knowing nothing about camera and photography, to now being obsessed with photography. Ive had some great images from this camera and some people even think I am a professional. Fairly easy to use once you get used to it. It has some limitations, but I guess thats why all cameras are not the same price.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moving from a G-16 point and shoot to A6400- July 6, 2019
I turned to photography as a hobby upon my retirement. I had a high-end point and shoot but I was unhappy with the quality of the pictures which had a lot of grain issues. I thought I had a replacement camera picked out but when we visited our local sales and service point, they demonstrated my Sony A6400. The Sony had all the features that I wanted and it was a used camera (90 photos) so the price was right. I was a bit frustrated at the beginning as the previous user had set it up for him and it took a while to undo his changes so I could shoot the way I wanted. I paid less for the Sony A6400 than I was planning to pay for a top-of-the line point and shoot and I have a lot more options. I have large hands and the A6400 feels very comfortable when I pick it up or use it. It is not quite as pocket friendly as my old point and shoot but it is no where near the bear of a camera my wife carries. I love my A-6400 and have not looked back. The attached photos were all shot with the 16-50 stock lens.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for anyone- May 15, 2020
Mostly based on prior experience with Sony a7: To cut it short: a6400 is MUCH BETTER! When I bought my first camera (Sony a7), I had limited money and was too caught up in the idea of getting a full frame camera to be a “real” photographer. Although the a7 with the kit lens did take good photos, it is unbeatable to a6400 that has so much more features. (not to mention cheaper lens options!) If you’re trying to decide between this or older versions of full frame (since they’re similar budgets), I would definitely recommend this one (unless you want to take a lot of night pictures—a7 does slightly better in low light, but even so, you should save up to buy the a7s or something better given that you’re already going to spend 1k on these…for amateurs like me though a6400 is perfectly fine even for night photos) Some features that I love on the a6400: -SHARP images (the sharpness of a6400 kit lens is no where near the a7 ones) -and thus GREAT AUTOFOCUS (tracking focus even in video) -versatility of 18-135mm kit lens (honestly if you were to just use a single lens this would do mostly everything for you) -silent shutter!! (Underrated feature, since I didn’t realize at first how inconvenient it was to NOT have it on the a7) -in-built flash -flippable screen! (for that selfie) -touch screen (only in shooting mode-you can touch what you want to focus on) And if you have some extra cash to spend on, buy the Sigma 16mm F/1.4 (takes ultra crisp images + perfect bokeh) I couldn’t be any more happier with my current lineup of Sony a6400 + 18-135mm kit lens + Sigma 16mm lens. My only complaint for the a6400 is the horizontal banding/rolling shutter in some photos (esp under artificial light/ silent shutter mode). If buying, I suggest you look it up to see how you can prevent it. Even if you’re starting out or already a professional, I would definitely recommend this camera.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculous bang for your buck Sony a6400 Camera!- July 28, 2021
All I have to say is Wow! This camera rocks. If your looking for a more than decent camera that doesn't break the bank, this is it. I would have to say that this is a beginners camera for the professionals. Everything at your fingertips. Easy to navigate. Does not overheat. You can record as much as your SD card allows you too. I mean the list goes on and on. Do yourself a favor and stop hesitating and purchase this camera. You will thank me later.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns