Sony Alpha a7 III Full-Frame Mirrorless Vlogger Camera (Body Only)
Capture captivating moments with unmatched clarity
- Advanced 24.2MP back-illuminated 35mm full-frame image sensor with increased sensitivity, outstanding resolution, and 15 stops of dynamic range at low sensitivities for accurate colour reproduction
- Updated BIONZ X image processing system for shooting full-res images at up to 10 fps with continuous, accurate AF/AE tracking for up to 177 standard JPEG images, 89 compressed RAW images, or 40 uncompressed RAW images
- Shoots 4Kvi (3840x2160 pixels) video across the full width of the full-frame image sensor and oversamples data to produce incredibly detailed 4K video footage
- Records Full HD at 120fps at up to 100Mbps, allowing footage to be reviewed and eventually edited into 4x or 5x slow motion video files in Full HD resolution with AF tracking
- Impressive ISO range of 100-51200 (expandable to ISO 50-204800 for still images) and an overall 1.5 stop improvement in image quality
- Outputs 14-bit RAW format even in silent and continuous shooting modes
Advanced auto focus and image stabilization
- 5-axis optical image stabilization system for a 5.0-step shutter speed advantage
- 4D FOCUS capabilities give the camera 425 contrast AF points that work with a 693-point focal-plane phase-detection AF system that covers approximately 93% of the frame, ensuring reliable focusing and tracking
- Improved AF response and tracking allows almost 2x the focusing speed in low-light conditions and 2x the tracking speed compared to the previous model, so complex and unpredictable motion can be captured with more accuracy and precision
- Eye-AF feature is useful when the subject is turning around, looking down, or obstructed
- Multi-selector or "joystick" allows you to move focus points quickly, and touch focusing capability enables fingertip precision
Shoot and share with confidence
- 3-inch 922K-dot tiltable LCD screen with touch control for easy framing
- XGA OLED Tru-Finder with approximately 2.3 million dots enables extremely accurate, true-to-life detail reproduction and eye-level framing
- Wi-Fi/flash sync terminal enables seamless file transfer to a smartphone, tablet, computer, or FTP server
- SuperSpeed USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Gen 1 compatible) offers flexibility in power supply and faster image transfers during tethered shooting
- Robust magnesium alloy body with dust- and moisture-resistant design so you can shoot outdoors without worry
- Long-lasting Z battery lets you shoot up to 710 images on a full charge
Other features you'll love
- Anti-flicker function allows the camera to automatically detect frequency of fluorescent or artificial lighting and time the shutter to minimize the lighting's effect on images
- Dual media slots include support in one slot for UHS-II type SD memory cards
- My Menu functionality allows up to 30 menu items to be registered for instant recall when needed
- 81 functions are assignable to 11 custom buttons so you can tailor the camera's shortcuts to your needs
- HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) picture profile supports an Instant HDR workflow, allowing HDR (HLG) compatible TVs to play back beautiful, true-to-life 4K HDR imagery
- S-Log2 and S-Log3 are available for increased colour grading flexibility, as well as Zebra functionality, Gamma Display assist and proxy recording
Storage & Interface
- AC Adapter
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Body Cap
- Eyepiece Cap
- Micro USB Cap
- NPFZ100 Rechargeable Battery
- Shoulder Strap
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 952 reviewers who responded, 918 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great mirrorless camera, worthy upgrade from A7ii- December 16, 2020
I upgraded to the A7iii from the A7ii which I had used for over a year. The main noticeable upgrades are much better autofocus system. Eye AF works very well and I have noticed a much higher percentage of in focus shots. 10fps bursts make capturing action shots a breeze. Image quality and dynamic range is excellent. Video quality is great, 4K is very sharp. 1080p 120 FPS allows for nice slow motion. Only gripes are lower quality back screen/resolution. Controls on the camera are much improved over A7ii, the toggle joystick that allows you to pick autofocus points is very useful. Battery life is incredible and a huge improvement over the A7ii.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Disappointment- June 25, 2019
I wish I didn't buy this camera. First of all I bought it faulty, paid full price for it in store. If I didn't still have my beloved 5dsr I would not have accomplished a few jobs when I got white stripes across the pictures and not much response from the camera especially focusing. So The system control pub and control switch block assembly was replaced and now I have refurbished camera I paid a lot's of money for and I'm still not happy with focusing and image quality. Menu is over complicated, touch screen only really works for a couple purposes, there is wifi build in but no apps to connect with and so on.. In two words Great DisappointmentNo, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Great Camera, but very complicated- December 26, 2019
I wanted a full frame travel camera, and rejected the full frame offerings by Canon and Nikon, and knew I could use Canon lenses on this system. Camera feels great and looks good. All the people I know say it is complex to set up, and you have to spend a bit of time to get the best out of it. I bought the 24-240 FE zoom which has turned out to be a lot better than reviews suggested. Reluctant to buy other lenses as they are so expensive. Results comparable with my Canon 5D mk II. Smaller than my Canon, but no lightweight with lenses attached. Very fine performance in automatic mode. Can use cheaper E mount APSC lenses, but they will crop.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.