Sony Alpha a7 III Full-Frame Mirrorless Vlogger Camera (Body Only)
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
Geek Squad Protection PlanSee benefits
Capture captivating moments with unmatched clarity
- Advanced 24.2MP back-illuminated 35mm full-frame image sensor with increased sensitivity, outstanding resolution, and 15 stops of dynamic range at low sensitivities for accurate colour reproduction
- Updated BIONZ X image processing system for shooting full-res images at up to 10 fps with continuous, accurate AF/AE tracking for up to 177 standard JPEG images, 89 compressed RAW images, or 40 uncompressed RAW images
- Shoots 4Kvi (3840x2160 pixels) video across the full width of the full-frame image sensor and oversamples data to produce incredibly detailed 4K video footage
- Records Full HD at 120fps at up to 100Mbps, allowing footage to be reviewed and eventually edited into 4x or 5x slow motion video files in Full HD resolution with AF tracking
- Impressive ISO range of 100-51200 (expandable to ISO 50-204800 for still images) and an overall 1.5 stop improvement in image quality
- Outputs 14-bit RAW format even in silent and continuous shooting modes
Advanced auto focus and image stabilization
- 5-axis optical image stabilization system for a 5.0-step shutter speed advantage
- 4D FOCUS capabilities give the camera 425 contrast AF points that work with a 693-point focal-plane phase-detection AF system that covers approximately 93% of the frame, ensuring reliable focusing and tracking
- Improved AF response and tracking allows almost 2x the focusing speed in low-light conditions and 2x the tracking speed compared to the previous model, so complex and unpredictable motion can be captured with more accuracy and precision
- Eye-AF feature is useful when the subject is turning around, looking down, or obstructed
- Multi-selector or "joystick" allows you to move focus points quickly, and touch focusing capability enables fingertip precision
Shoot and share with confidence
- 3-inch 922K-dot tiltable LCD screen with touch control for easy framing
- XGA OLED Tru-Finder with approximately 2.3 million dots enables extremely accurate, true-to-life detail reproduction and eye-level framing
- Wi-Fi/flash sync terminal enables seamless file transfer to a smartphone, tablet, computer, or FTP server
- SuperSpeed USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Gen 1 compatible) offers flexibility in power supply and faster image transfers during tethered shooting
- Robust magnesium alloy body with dust- and moisture-resistant design so you can shoot outdoors without worry
- Long-lasting Z battery lets you shoot up to 710 images on a full charge
Other features you'll love
- Anti-flicker function allows the camera to automatically detect frequency of fluorescent or artificial lighting and time the shutter to minimize the lighting's effect on images
- Dual media slots include support in one slot for UHS-II type SD memory cards
- My Menu functionality allows up to 30 menu items to be registered for instant recall when needed
- 81 functions are assignable to 11 custom buttons so you can tailor the camera's shortcuts to your needs
- HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) picture profile supports an Instant HDR workflow, allowing HDR (HLG) compatible TVs to play back beautiful, true-to-life 4K HDR imagery
- S-Log2 and S-Log3 are available for increased colour grading flexibility, as well as Zebra functionality, Gamma Display assist and proxy recording
Storage & Interface
- AC Adapter
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Body Cap
- Eyepiece Cap
- Micro USB Cap
- NPFZ100 Rechargeable Battery
- Shoulder Strap
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 442 reviewers who responded, 425 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great mirrorless camera, worthy upgrade from A7ii- December 16, 2020
I upgraded to the A7iii from the A7ii which I had used for over a year. The main noticeable upgrades are much better autofocus system. Eye AF works very well and I have noticed a much higher percentage of in focus shots. 10fps bursts make capturing action shots a breeze. Image quality and dynamic range is excellent. Video quality is great, 4K is very sharp. 1080p 120 FPS allows for nice slow motion. Only gripes are lower quality back screen/resolution. Controls on the camera are much improved over A7ii, the toggle joystick that allows you to pick autofocus points is very useful. Battery life is incredible and a huge improvement over the A7ii.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Camera by Sony- April 19, 2018
This camera is all around an amazing value, Sony has done a great job making it such a premium camera at a great price. The silent shooting, joystick and burst capabilities make this such a worthwhile upgrade coming from an older crop body. I couldn't get a camera near as good of a value in the full frame form factor from any other brand, maybe unless I wanted to switch to Pentax. If Sony keeps it up they will be the top dogs in a few years as DSLRs wane in popularity and people want the latest and greatest in sensor technology. I'm glad I switched from Canon years ago to the E-Mount Alpha series and haven't wanted to look back since.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full frame Pro qaulity- June 25, 2019
Recently purchased A7 III kit for photo and school sports events to replace a canon system. Silent shooting, comp. wheel, E.viewfinder, great grip and excellent test (rental) results were the primary reasons for the change. I carry a Sony A6000 as a walk-around, so the new menu was too not difficult. Cost of lenses was not an issue as I rent the zooms or WA if I need extra reach. Sadly, only one UHS II slot. ( I use the Sony T.cards v 90). The cost of two extra batteries was expensive and a cheap charging box and cable was not up to Sony standard. Should the next field trail prove positive, an extra body and zoom will be added.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.