StartMeStick Private and Secure Computer Stick (PC/Mac) - Unlimited Devices - 1 Year
Available to ship
Not available for pickup:
This product is currently not available for pickup at nearby stores.
- Subscription provides 1 year of access on unlimited devices
- USB stick from the makers of FixMeStick gives you a private and secure Linux-based operating system with 8GB of flash memory
- As long as your computer turns on, even if Microsoft or Apple has ended support for your operating system, you can use this device as a fast, secure, and private OS with all the normal functionality of your original computer
- Includes the popular Chromium browser with private browsing option
- Chip-On-Board technology means this device is waterproof, shockproof and dustproof
- Built-in carabiner lets you clip this device on your keys or belt loop and take it with you wherever you go
- Compatible with PC, Mac, and Surface Pro 2, 3, and 4 (see Details & Specs for further information; requires a USB port and an internet connection)
- StartMeStick Private and Secure Computer on a Stick for Unlimited PCs or Macs for 1 Year
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 13 reviewers who responded, 9 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- StartMeStick- December 8, 2020
I previously used FixMeStick with good results, so with all the hype about StartMeStick in their advertising, I decided to try it, especially with 50% off for Black Friday. I followed the instructions for booting through Windows and found it more than doubled normal boot time. Even booting through the boot menu (option 2) it took longer than the normal Windows boot. Bookmarks can be imported (more time consumed) from Google Chrome, but cannot be saved, so if you use bookmarks extensively as I do you must import them every time you boot the stick up. I still thought that maybe the promised privacy and security might be worth all the extra hassles until I used the browser to try and access Youtube and instead accessed some attack that tried to lock down my computer. Not much security there, I'd say.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (3)Report
- If you need a netbook in your pocket- February 13, 2021
I bought this thinking that I could use it to repair a faulty Windows PC. Unfortunately, that was not possible. It does boot up your PC, but you cannot access the hard drives. Basically it lets you have a temporary PC to surf the net or do a few very basic things. No saving your work, no printing, not much else. If you need to look something up on a friend's PC, it works, but no real work to speak of.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- FixMeStick - StartMeStick- September 27, 2020
FixMeStick - StartMeStick is a gadget that is easy to take along for use on PC's and laptops. It is an external virus-removal device. The FixMeStick is a plug-in USB tool that scans your computer for viruses before your computer boots into its normal operating system. The FixMeStick automatically updates itself and removes the infections that conventional antivirus software often can't detect.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- stopped working.- February 1, 2022
I bought one at about $41.00 to try. It worked for a very short time then stopped working. It would only open to file that tells how to use it. I tried it on various computers. No luck. Returned it to Bestbuy. I see it is now on sale for $39 elsewhere. At $39, if it worked it would be a reasonable price to pay per year for my sus laptop which is very slow.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Brought my computer back from the dead- September 1, 2020
I had an old PC that I was never using. Instead of buying a new one, I got StartMeStick so I can use that old PC to browse the internet! Saved me tons of money on a new computer when all I need it for is the Internet anyway.... Very useful. Definitely recommend.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
In compliance with Canada Copyright legislation, software, music and movies cannot be returned if opened.Learn more about returns