Broan 30" Behind Cooktop Downdraft with Internal Blower (273003) - Stainless Steel
Sold out online
This is a special-order product with a delivery estimate of 3 or more weeks from now, and the date may change if there are transport delays. It’s being sourced directly from the manufacturer, potentially from outside Canada. We’ll email you with the earliest possible delivery date and call to talk you through the delivery process.
- Compatible with virtually any self-contained cooktop, but not suitable for installation behind an oven
- Downdraft automatically raises into position at the touch of a button and disappears flush with the cooktop surface when not in use
- Adjustable speed control is flush with the side of the unit, making it discreet but easy to reach
- 500 CFM internal blower effectively clears the air of smoke, grease, and cooking odours
- Blower discharges, right, left, or down, and slides side to side for simple installation
- Front access panel makes cleaning a breeze
- Downdraft System
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 14 reviewers who responded, 9 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Completely impractical and impossible to clean- December 8, 2019
Filters can be removed and cleaned but they are so ineffectual that grease ends up accumulating and then pouring out of the bottom of the device. There is no removable grease trap. At least every six months we have to remove the fan unit and degrease it. This is no easy task. The rising part of the unit cannot be removed for cleaning without (get this!) removing the whole of the cooktop. The design so far as maintenance and cleaning is concerned is flawed. In would not recommend this product at all and works issue any prospective purchaser to investigate alternative solutions.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Good vent for the price- September 5, 2014
I really like the way this vent works - I didnt give it perfect scores for two reasons - I was putting it in where I previously had a downdraft stove - to connect the vent to the previous opening took a lot of creativity. If the vent wasnt so tall or you could place the exhaust on either side, it would be helpful providing more room for installation. the suction is good, not great - I think if you buy the external fan, it prvides more suction, but it also makes the unit more expensive. Overall good, not great. but still worth the moneyYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great when its working...- March 20, 2018
We've had this downdraft for almost 2 years. It's great when working—powerful, effective. But twice in 2 years it's gotten stuck in a loop where it goes up and down, up and down, not responding to the on/off switch. We had to remove all the island drawers to get in there and unplug it. When we finally tracked down a service guy, it had "corrected" itself, so he wasn't able to do anything with it. Now 6 months later it's having the same problem, only now it's out of warranty. Not happy with this purchase. Would not buy again.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.