Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Lens
The Nifty Fifty
- This Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM prime lens is lightweight, portable, and versatile, making it the perfect travelling companion for that trip to Paris you've got coming up. Ideal for portraits, close-ups, and street photography, this lens is a fantastic fit for full-frame DSLRs and doubles well as a portrait lens on APS-C cameras.
- This 50mm fixed focal length prime lens is great for a day out sightseeing and does well in low-light conditions thanks to its f/1.4 maximum aperture. That means your pics of your evening stroll down the Champs-Élysées will come out in sharp detail.
- The EF 50mm f/1.4 USM is equipped with 2 high-refraction lens elements and Gaussian optics to eliminate astigmatism and suppress astigmatic difference. The result? Sharp images with minimal flare even at the maximum aperture.
- The 8-blade aperture lets you get creative with your photos. You can focus in on your friend standing at the top of the Eiffel Tower while defocusing the background to create a beautiful bokeh effect for a truly stunning photo.
- This lens features the extra-small Micro USM autofocus so you can quickly and quietly focus in on your subject. This'll ensure those shots of Venus de Milo at the Louvre are taken without disturbing your fellow art admirers. If your camera's autofocus isn't getting the job done, or you prefer to be totally hands-on, you can always switch to the full-time manual focus.
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 580 reviewers who responded, 566 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Excellent in low light!- April 22, 2021
I see now why this thing has so many 5-star reviews! Over the years, I've upgraded to wider and wider apertures in my prime lenses as my budget has allowed, and the price for this one simply can't be beat. I'm leaving this review in case there are others out there in my situation - I'm a home portrait photographer, and I needed a lens that would perform well in low light (and/or artificial light as I try to approximate the sun with my LCD lights). This thing is IT, let me tell you. I've been using it nonstop - the images are crisp, the bokeh is lovely, and I don't need a full-on studio lighting situation to make the photos come out great! GET IT.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for video and photos- March 8, 2020
I got this lens for the extra low light for videos and I've got to say that it's actually not that bad. I do have in camera stabilization to make shots more smooth. It's being used on a full frame 6d mk2 . For photos I don't use f1.4, but when I did use it for a glass margarita shot the bokeh was amazing. If you want some serious bokeh for a great price this is the lens. I mostly use this lens for video. If you don't have a stabilizer or built in stabilization you'll need to improvise. The shots in video really do stand out compared to a kit lens. If you're wondering if the 1.4 is worth the price. Trust me it's worth it you won't regret it.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- canon ef 50mm f/ 1.4 usm standard camera lens- March 12, 2019
Great lens, last saturday , went out with my grandsons , was able to take pictures very close up , and all around , the pictures all were perfect, with very bright sunlight, not any work at all, did not have to work hard, to get that great picture, did not have any shadows, was taking pictures very fast, as not to miss the one great shot, was very pleased, with the lens, can't go wrong for the price i, have other len's for my mark ii ,that cost 4 to 5 time's more and i am just as pleased with this one, all the shots where all action, the kids rolling logs and non stop action. Like having the fixed len's this is a new frontier for me ,really fun!!!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.