Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens - Black
Available to ship
Professional quality photos and videos
- Lightweight lens lets you capture close-up shots with crystal-clear focus
- Designed for use with Canon RF mount mirrorless cameras
- 50mm focal length lets you capture a wide range of shots from portraits to landscape
Exceptional performance, reliable results
- Wide f/1.8 maximum aperture lets you take amazing shots with beautiful bokeh even in low light
- Circular 7-blade aperture helps create a beautiful defocus effect
- 0.98ft. minimum focusing distance and magnification up to 0.25x help you capture subjects just the way you want
- Stepping motor (Gear-Type STM) delivers smooth and quiet continuous AF, whether you are taking photos or shooting video
Capture photos just the way you want
- Control ring on the lens barrel allows for easy adjustment of various setting such as shutter speed, aperture, and more
- PMO aspherical lens minimises aberrations
- Optimised lens element placement and Super Spectra coating deliver accurate colour balance while reducing ghosting and flares
- Metal construction ensures durability
- RF50mm F1.8 STM
- Lens Cap E-43
- Lens Dust Cap RF
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 155 reviewers who responded, 152 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great for EOS RP- October 25, 2021
I recently purchased my first camera in probably 25 years, a Canon EOS RP, and wanted to start with an affordable lens. This 50mm does an amazing job! Im most impressed by the portraits but since I'm not one to post pictures of my son I'll share some alternate photos instead. This little guy does great in low light and is very forgiving. Just buy one!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just buy it- June 11, 2021
Must have! 50mm lens is essentially “what a person sees”. 1.8 RF for that price? Absolutely.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- The LEAST EXPENSIVE lens for the RF system, so far- February 20, 2021
This Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 is the lightest and LEAST EXPENSIVE lens for the RF system (there, I didn't say 'cheapest'). And at this price why would you NOT have one in your bag? It's affordable, so light, and hardly takes up any space at all. The lens hoods weren't available until about 2 months afterward and I finally got my lens hood so I can compare this lens to my EF 50mm f/1.4, not the f/1.8 nifty-fifty, but the step between that and the 50mm f/1.2L. The CONTROL RING on this lens is DE-CLICKED because it can be used as either a control ring like all other RF lenses, or by flipping the switch on the lens it can become a FOCUS ring. I wasn't sure how much I would like that but I actually don't mind at all. I read online that Canon will DE-CLICK any RF lens if you send it to them (for a modest fee). It's slightly lighter and smaller than my EF 50mm f/1.4, but once you put on the EF-RF lens adapter the differences are even greater, and the lens hood on this version is smaller than the lens hood of the EF 50mm f/1.4. I will eventually get the RF 50mm f/1.2L but in the meanwhile I'm really enjoying this budget lens. It does what it's supposed to do and covers the 50mm focal range while I save up for other RF lenses. My only wish is that all of these budget RF lenses used the same FILTER THREAD SIZE. Here's what I'm dealing with now: 52mm filter - RF 35mm f/1.8 IS 43mm filter - RF 50mm f/1.8 67mm filter - RF 85mm f/2 IS Here's what I had with my EF lenses: 58mm filter - EF 28mm f/1.8 58mm filter - EF 50mm f/1.4 58mm filter - EF 85mm f/1.8Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- good lens compare to the value- March 17, 2021
canon by having a new line of the RF mounts push his camera and lenses to different level and so this lens is one of this series that with this price you get a good quality lens that can cover the good range of needs in photography. So, in my opinion this is a very good lens that can cover a need of the photographer in certain level compare to the value.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Worthy Upgrade to the Original “Nifty Fifty”- May 19, 2021
I was on the fence about whether or not to buy this lens, because I already own the original EF version. However, since I didn’t own an EF to RF adapter, I decided to go for it in favor of keeping a smaller footprint on the front of my camera. And I’m glad I did, because the size and weight of this lens is probably my favorite thing about it—it’s tiny and light. You barely even feel it on the camera, which makes me want to pick it up more and shoot with it. The next pro of this lens is that the image quality is awesome. Sure, it’s not an “L” lens, but you already know that if you’re looking at this lens. However, the image quality is no slouch. There are some definite image improvements in terms of center sharpness and corner sharpness, compared to the older EF version of this lens. Bottom line, it’s small, it’s light, feels well-built, and for the price it’s really a great lens. Great for portraits, great all-around lens that won’t break the bank. Buy it!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns