Fujifilm Fujinon XF 23mm f/2-16 R WR Lens - Black
Available to ship
Capture a wider point of view
- This 23mm (35mm focal length on 35mm equivalent) wide-angle lens gives you the ideal focal length for landscapes and cityscapes, architecture, and photographing groups.
- This fixed focal length lens works great in low-light conditions thanks to its f/2 maximum aperture. So, the photos of the New York City skyline from the top of the Empire State building at night will come out in sharp detail.
Built for adventure
- With full metal construction and weather seals applied throughout the lens barrel, this durable lens is dust- and moisture-resistant. So whether you're in a tropical rainforest or down at the beach you can capture beautiful images without having to worry about your lens getting damaged.
- It's also highly resistant to temperature changes and works in temperatures as low as -10 degrees C. Go ahead and capture your daughter's hockey game in a chilly ice rink, or photograph snow-covered peaks; this lens gives you the performance you need when the temperature drops.
Keep your focus
- Fuji's inner focusing system achieves fast autofocusing so you get sharp, detailed photos. So when you're stuck at the back of the school's auditorium photographing your child's dance recital, your images will be crisp and clear.
- You don't want to be the person with the noisy camera. Thankfully, the autofocus stepping motor offers smooth and silent autofocusing. So when you're photographing buildings during your walking tour of New York, you won't have to struggle to hear the guide over the sound of your autofocus motor.
- Use the shallow depth of field of the f/2 aperture and the 9-blade circular aperture to unleash your artistic side. When defocusing the background they combine to create a bokeh effect with round blurred out-of-focus points of light instead of the usual and less appealing polygonal shape.
- The aperture ring and manual focus ring deliver the optimal amount of torque for precise control, so you can experiment with your photography or make changes on the fly.
- The aspherical lens design reduces spherical aberrations, delivering high sharpness and contrast for significantly improved image accuracy and quality. The design also reduces the overall number of elements needed so you get a more compact, lightweight lens.
- X-Mount lens is compatible with all Fujifilm X-Series cameras (sold separately)
- Lens Cap FLCP-43
- Lens Rear CAPRLCP-001
- Lens Hood
- Wrapping Cloth
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 40 reviewers who responded, 39 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- What a tiny little marvel!- November 1, 2019
If you're coming from the world of DSLRs, then this lens embodies everything positive about the switch to mirrorless. It's tiny. Super tiny. It weighs practically nothing. It's sharp, even wide open. The focus and aperture rings are nicely dampened and smooth. It's nicely sealed and leaves me feeling confident about shooting in inclement weather or poor conditions. More than anything else, this lens with an XT-3 is fun. XT-30 too. Small, light, great IQ, and a high fun-factor. I love this whole range of lenses, and 23mm on an APS-C body is a great focal length for everything from environmental portraits, to photojournalism, to street photography, to landscapes.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great 35mm equivalent lens- June 27, 2021
This lens is light and compact, which suits the X-T3 perfectly. It’s also a good focal length for general, everyday photography. The 35mm equivalent focal length wasn’t something I was very familiar with or comfortable prior to purchasing this lens; I am usually more comfortable with a 50mm lens (35mm on Fuji). However, I’m trying to improve as a photographer and get out of my comfort zone, so I decided to try this lens. The weather resistance is another selling point for me, since I live in a cold, snowy climate for half the year. I took this lens with me to a baseball game yesterday and had a lot of fun capturing candid shots of the fans around me. It’s very inconspicuous compared to whipping out a full frame DSLR, so I think this lens would be awesome for street photography as well.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good lens for street and travel photography- December 12, 2020
It's not my favorite Fuji lens. That would be the 35mm 1.4 or the 16 mm 1.4. They are more expensive, but the image quality seems to have more "character." It's a bit soft when shot close up at F2. It is, however, a good lens with the fastest autofocusing I've seen in the Fuji lineup. It's also weather sealed, unlike the 35mm, and has a very unobtrusive look. The size and autofocusing speed make it a great street and travel lens.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what I wanted- December 4, 2018
What can I say? I've been very pleased with all of my Fujifilm lenses and this one is no exception. I bought it for a commercial video I was working on, and it performed very well. It's sharp, has a great close focusing distance and makes beautiful bokeh. I went with this over the 1.4 for the faster focus and weather seal, though I'm sure I'll end up with a 1.4 eventually too. Fuji makes great gear.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Lens - a little pricey, but worth it- March 28, 2021
Probably one of my favorite primes in the Fuji line-up. Great street photography lens. It is a big larger and is made of full metal (so it can be cold when used outdoors in cold temperatures) but very nice bokeh and I like the aperture ring. The included lens hood also helps from accidental bumps and contact with the front lens element and does help give images some nice contrast (which is it's primary purpose). It is a bit pricey and I wish Fuji would make a cheaper plastic version like they did for their 35mm f/2 lens. But if you're into street photography this is a good choice if you want a prime (23mm for Fuji is equivalent to 35mm in full frame terms due to the 1.52x crop factor). Being that you can buy other 35mm 1.8 lenses from other brands for APS-C (like Nikon's 35mm DX lens, for $200) I'd say the value isn't quite there. This is a quality lens, but for $450 (at the time of this writing) is a little high. $350 might be more appropriate.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns