Google Nest Wire-Free Video Doorbell - White
- The Nest wireless doorbell is image simulated and can tell the difference between people, animals, packages and vehicles
- Provides a live view of your front door and sends you a mobile alert when someone approaches, rings the doorbell, or leaves a package
- Battery-powered, wire-free design is easy to install and works with almost any door, whether you live in a house or an apartment
- HDR imaging and night vision mean you can enjoy bright and clear video day or night, even in challenging lighting conditions
- With a 3:4 ratio and a taller field of view, you can see people from head to toe or boxes on the ground, and talk or listen to them from anywhere
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth mean you can check in anytime from anywhere, and even view a 3-hour snapshot history to see what you missed
- HD Talk and Listen feature lets you have a loud-and-clear conversation with a doorstep visitor even if you're not at home
- Google Home app lets you respond to visitors with convenient pre-recorded messages
- Encrypted video, two-step verification and enhanced security through your Google Account help protect your privacy
- Green LED light lets you know when the camera is processing or streaming video
- Works with Google Assistant for convenient voice controls
- Compatibility with existing chimes and wires let you get an alert on your phone, and on your Google Assistant–enabled speakers or displays when someone rings the doorbell. With wire-free installation, your existing chime will not ring. (Requires 8 to 24V VAC, 10-40 VA transformer (sold separately))
- Works with Hey Google features require additional hardware (sold separately), which could include a Google Nest device, Google Chromecast, or Chromecast built-in device
- Add a Nest Aware subscription (sold separately) for all your Nest cameras, speakers, and displays so you can get more video history and alerts that matter
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 266 reviewers who responded, 227 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Wireless is a plus but…- August 27, 2021
….the battery life is nowhere near what they suggest. Especially if you have a busy front door (kids in and out, traffic, etc.) but you can make adjustments to decrease battery wear. My biggest single complaint is the move to Google Home app for the access platform. Compared to the Nest app (which I loved) it is like returning to a DOS prompt. Simply too cumbersome and not intuitive. Come on Google you can do better than this. Bought the wireless indoor/outdoor camera as well. Love the look and lack of wires but same complaint - battery life in two days is noticeably draining and the Google Home app is NOT designed for security camera usage. Hope that improvements for both are on the way.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Does what it’s meant for- September 30, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] It’s alright, biggest complaint is charging it. I’m not going to discuss the overall camera aspect because this is just regarding the battery but the picture view is good it’s not crystal clear but it’s good. The battery is rated to last 1.5 to 6 months depending on the frequency of usage eg. average number of daily events it records and other battery saver settings like video/audio quality and minimum event recording length. When the battery power is low, it will enter into a "low power" mode to conserve more battery until you charge the unit; to charge it, you'll need to take down the unit and plug it in via the included USB-C cable for ~5 hoursYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing enhancement to our day-to-day- October 9, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] At my first home after living apartment-to-apartment for years I thought it would be best to catch up to today's home automation with a doorbell choosing between Ring and Nest. After plenty of research, I decided to go with the Nest and it's been one of the better decisions we've made so far. Easy to install, the battery has been going nonstop for weeks now without showing signs of stopping - and even when it drains it is incredibly easy to replace. We live in a pretty populated area and after just a short while was able to capture any events close enough to the door to get our attention instead of every car or person passing by. Would highly recommend!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.