j5create 3-Port USB-C Hub Adapter with Gigabit Ethernet (JCH471)
Available online only
- Plugs into your Windows or Mac computer via USB Type-C to add a Gigabit Ethernet port & three USB 3.0 ports
- RJ-45 connector supports 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet
- Three USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports allow you to plug in extra peripherals and experience transfer rates of up to 5GB/s
- USB ports are backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1
- Compatible with IEEE 802.3, 802.3u and 802.3ab (1BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T)
- Hot-swappable design allows to you connect and disconnect without shutting down
- Equipped with activity and link LED indicators
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 15 reviewers who responded, 12 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Necessary for the new Mac laptops and ethernet- November 11, 2017
I need an adapter to hook my new Macbook to the internet hardwired. The setup was a little specific and you had to do it in the correct order. You have to read the instructions first before you start because if you do it in the wrong order it won't work. So it takes a little more time but it works great.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient, but not great- February 8, 2017
I stream on Twitch, and so I use this to connect my capture card to my laptop as well as the ethernet. So I have a maximum of 2 things connected to this for a minimum of 2 hours a day. Drivers need to be installed, and that's not a problem. What my problem is, is that I've used it for two weeks constantly and it's already stopped working. I have to unplug the ethernet and plug it back in to get internet to my laptop. I've tried multiple times to get my cap card working, but it refuses to recognize the card now. Nothing has changed with anything, it just doesn't work anymore. Not terribly cost effective at $79. Like I said, convenient, but not very long lasting if you'll be using this on a regular basis. I have a 2016 MacBook 15 Inch. Until today, everything has worked perfectly, it just stopped responding for some reason. I'm returning it for a different one. I see on Amazon this only for 3 stars. Also, it gets very hot. If you are going to use this casually, maybe don't leave it plugged in unattended.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Great item to have w/ newer laptops- September 15, 2018
Only had one USB drive on my laptop and no network adapter. This adapter gave me additional USB ports and a network port via USB C slot. Great item and fair price.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.