LaCie Rugged 2TB USB-C Portable External Hard Drive for PC/Mac (STFR2000800) - Orange
- 2TB capacity offers ample and reliable storage for your documents, photos, videos, project files, and more
- USB-C, USB 3.0, and USB 2.0 compatibility ensures excellent data transfer speeds and seamless connectivity with devices such as Apple MacBooks and other computers
- 2.5" form factor offers convenient portability
- Rugged construction is drop-, crush-, and rain-resistant to keep your important data protected
- Runs on bus power from your computer to blend into your mobile workflow
- Compatible with Windows 7 or higher and macOS X 10.11 or higher
- Free disk space of minimum 600MB is recommended
- Lacie Rugged USB-C
- USB-C (USB 3.15GB) Cable
- USB-C to USB-A Cable
- Quick Install Guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 505 reviewers who responded, 483 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great drive for the right applications.- April 16, 2020
I really like this drive overall. I was a little disappointed that the drive didn’t have the built in wires like some of the other models LaCie offers, but that can also be a good thing, because you have a choice of connections, and it’s easily replaceable if the wire gets bad from a lot of use. It has fast read speeds, and has as good of write speeds as can be Serpentes from bus powered, mobile external spinning drive. You could easily watch hi def movies off this or even edit video off of it. For anyone who is interested, I reviewed it and compared it to a Sandusky cruiser in this video: https://youtu.be/eS-LJ-YW_goYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice drive. Rugged. Reasonable speed.- August 22, 2020
I use this for regular Time Machine backups on my Macbook Pro. It has given me no problem at all. I even run a Windows 10 image using VMWare Fusion off of it on those rare occasions I need to boot up Windows on my Macbook. It's a bit slower for that, but for something I only occasionally boot up. So, it's fine for me. I'd recommend a real SSD if you want speed. Otherwise, for backing up files and entire drives, it works great. LaCie is a bit more pricey compared to other similar drives from other companies, but I've always trusted them for reliability and quality. I'd recommend this.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- junk- April 8, 2021
It performed normally with my macbook pro for 3 months, never left my residence, was ejected properly... and then got funky... totally frozen but with its light blinking interminably - or - it would say the disk was unreadable & ask did i want to erase & reformat. it wouldn't appaear on my desktop. if this is how it acts in a covid19, sheltered-in-place, socially distanced year, i wouldn't trust it's "rugged" claim had I been working and traveling to various job sites. so, rugged, not so much. caveat emptor like a mike brady...No, I would not recommend this to a friend.