Roku Express 4K Media Streamer with Remote
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
- Roku streaming platform comes with a personalized home screen and a wide range of free, live TV channels along with various content streaming apps for wholesome family entertainment
- Apple AirPlay compatibility supports streaming of audio and video wirelessly from compatible Apple devices
- Includes remote with pre-set channel shortcuts
- Compatible with Apple Siri, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant for effortless voice control
- Downloadable free Roku mobile app grants access to voice controls, private listening, keyboard search, and other advanced features at your fingertips
- Features a maximum video resolution of 4K/60Hz Ultra HD while supporting HD and HDR formats for sharp and crystal-clear picture quality
- Automatic feature updates gives access to newer channels and applications with timely advancements
- Wi-Fi connectivity pairs with your home network for smooth media streaming performance even when multiple devices are connected to the same network
- Integrated HDMI port makes it easy to connect the device to your TVs or projectors (sold separately)
- Sleek and compact design blends seamlessly with your home entertainment setup
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 5 reviewers who responded, 4 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Update on "Erroneous Label and Site data"- May 23, 2021
Roku support tech (likely not up to date) had confirmed the Express 4K does NOT support 5G and there must be an error on the box and Roku's site :-/ --wrong information. After some tests it turns out Roku's 802.11AC can ONLY receives 5Ghz channels 1-46 and 149-161. Every other IoT, SmartTV, or Mobile Phone in Canada can receive 5Ghz in all allowed channels, even 5Ghz DFS channels, but Roku canNOT receive 5Ghz via DFS channels even indoors...hence major 5G Wi-Fi issues. on...I'm not sure what Roku was thinking...but that's a problem. If congested 2.4G and very limited 5G support is not going to cause your 4K issues, then you'll be OK. The limited 5G support was a SHOW-STOPPER for me.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (5)Report
- Pretty good for the price.- May 22, 2021
The Express 4K fixes some limitations that the Premier has. - Much better WiFi than the Premier. - Support for USB network adapters (I've not tested yet, but online reviews have confirmed that it works). First of all, this device definitely has 802.11ac WiFi. I have it connected to my 5ghz network, and get a solid 46mbps. This is a huge improvement over the Premier, which I could never get to stream 4K properly, because it's 2.4ghz only WiFi was so poor (I tried the Premier last year, but returned it). So if you're not able to get the Express 4k to connect to 5ghz WiFi, then you need to contact support. (Note, this is the Canadian version. It has a button for Crave on the remote). I've tested it with 4K 60fps HDR10 material on Youtube, and it's not dropped a single frame. Very impressive. However, doing so revealed one problem: This little box gets hot, and pushing it hard caused it to overheat (a warning comes up on screen). I rarely watch 60fps content, so hopefully this will not prove to be a problem at lower frame rates. But as a precaution, I'm going to buy an 80mm USB powered fan (connected to the TV) to put behind it. Roku really needs to improve their device's heat dissipation. Plastic boxes with no vents is poor design. The device is easy to use, and very responsive. Picture quality is excellent. One thing to note: On my Sony Bravia 900F, the Roku would not recognize HDMI port 3 (on side of TV) as supporting 4K HDR. Even forcing the config did not work. I had to plug it into the passthrough connector on my sound bar, which is plugged into the ARC HDMI port on my TV. After doing this, the Roku automatically configured to 4K HDR. Strange.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Good- June 18, 2021
I baught this product about a week ago and it’s just amazing , thank you guys for coming up with such a good idea , I can now get rid of my cable service . But wish I could find some of top Channels that I will be giving up . I hope in the near future you can bring it on .Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report