Sony E-Mount APS-C 16-55mm f/2.8 Wide Telephoto Zoom G Lens
Available to ship
- Premium G Lens optical design
- Standard zoom with outstanding corner-to-corner G Lens resolution
- Constant F2.8 max aperture maintains exposure and depth of field
- Lightweight (494g) 16-55mm (24-82.5 mm full-frame equiv.) zoom lens
- Two (AA) Advanced Aspherical and two Aspherical elements suppress abortion
- 9-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- Three Extra-low dispersion glass reduces flare and ghosting
- XD Linear Motor offers fast, precise, quiet AF, and tracking
- Nano AR coating suppresses reflections, flare and ghosting
- Programmable focus hold button, for multiple functions
- Flourine coating on front element, dust and moisture resistant1
- Linear Response MF for precise manual focus control
- Instant auto/manual focus selection via a AM/MF switch
- 13" (0.33m) min focusing distance for excellent close-up shooting performance
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
- Compatible with a wide range of Sony cameras; see specifications for details
- E 16-55mm F2.8 G SEL1655G Lens
- ALC-SH161 Lens Hood
- Front Cap
- ALC-R1EM E-Mount Lens Rear Cap
- Soft Case
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 48 reviewers who responded, 48 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- amazing every day lens - very sharp and fast- February 7, 2021
I bought this about 2 months ago and it is the go to lens for the a6600. It does an amazing job, very fast, great bokeh.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything to love about this lens- December 21, 2019
Sure it's missing image stabilization, so the price tag will make you skeptical, It did to me too. It's f2.8 across the full length of the zoom. The lens produces incredibly clear and sharp images. I use a A6300 (no IBIS). I have shot from both hand held and mounted on tripod, same wonderful clear, crisp sharp results with excellent color, both indoor and out.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many lenses in one- February 10, 2021
Lightning fast auto-focus, but quiet as a mouse. Zoom range goes from borderline ultra-wide to a moderately tight portrait. The 2.8 aperture throughout the zoom makes for decent background seperation, especially at longer focal lengths. Works excellent on my a6600.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lens for my Sony a6600- April 24, 2021
I was researching for the best lens that goes with sony a6600! It was indeed great! I able to capture beautiful sceneries, sunset, wild animals and memories. I highly recommend this lens!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to its reputation- January 2, 2020
My wife bought me this for Christmas and I've been playing with it since. This is definitely the best lense I have for my a6500. Very sharp at full aperture and easy to use. I love the constant f2.8. This will go with me everywhere. It'll probably not be my video lense of choice as my 24mm f1.8 Zeiss prime works better on the gimbal and is also a beautiful lense.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns