Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens - Black
Close for comfort
- Offering an impressive 24-105mm (36-157.5mm on an APS-C sensor) focal length, this lens gives you a great range for landscapes, portraits, and any time you need to get closer to the action.
- A minimum focusing distance of 0.38m you can get nice and close to your subject for great close-ups.
- This telephoto zoom lens delivers a constant f/4 maximum aperture making it ideal for low light situations and even night shots.
Keep your focus
- Sony's lens-based Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to prevent image blur, so when you need to move your camera to follow your son's fast break or quickly track a curious whale swimming around your boat, you'll get sharp images.
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave Motor (DDSSM) offers smooth and silent autofocusing. So when you're photographing animals and insects the sound of your autofocus motor won't spook them.
- Nine-blade circular aperture helps you unleash your artistic side when defocusing the background to create a bokeh effect. The circular aperture creates round blurred defocused points of light instead of the usual and less appealing polygonal shape.
G series advance features
- The focus hold button lets you lock your focusing distance once you've got your focus where you want it. Locking your focus settings means you can shoot without having to constantly refocus on the same area so you can make sure you get capture every moment in sharp detail.
- This button is also customizable so you can map another feature to the button for professional on-the-fly operation.
- The lens exterior features dust- and moisture-resistant seals because Mother Nature doesn't always cooperate when you're out and about. So when you're trying to get that perfect shot, and a storm rolls in, you have peace of mind that your lens is protected in tough condition.
- Sony's Nano AR (anti-reflective) coating reduces reflections that can cause ghosting and flare. Delivering accurate light transmission, this AR coating improves clarity and contrast so you get high-quality images.
- The aspherical lens design reduces spherical aberrations delivering high sharpness and contrast for significantly improved image accuracy and quality. The design also reduces the overall number of elements needed so you get a more compact, lightweight telephoto zoom lens.
- ED (extra-low dispersion) glass reduces chromatic aberration at telephoto ranges, providing superior contrast across the entire image, even at large aperture settings. So you get stunning images with exceptional colour quality and higher resolution.
- Fluorine coating on the front element prevents contaminants such as oils, grime, and water from sticking to the front of the lens, and makes them easier to remove if they do get on the lens surface.
- Lens Front Cap
- Lens Rear Cap
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 200 reviewers who responded, 198 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- GREAT!- June 29, 2018
If you only can have 1 lens for your camera, this one is the best you can have...... Focal range are covered 90% of my needs in daily use, perfect for travel. Sharp in every focal range. Between 85-105 with f4, the lens will produce a beautiful bokeh for portrait. Little bit distortion when shooting in wide open 24mm (but still good). Best value for money zoom lens. The only improvement I suggest, to make same focal range with f 2.8 (same weight and dimension if possible), for me, 24-70mm f 2.8 GM is too big (moreover, the range is better 24-105 and 24-105, the price are cheaper with same sharpness quality).Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, Versatile, Does-It-All, Must-Have Lens!- September 20, 2019
If you aren’t sure whether to splurge on one of Sony’s expert lenses, this one is worth it 10 times over. I bought this lens with my A7III when they were co-released and it is by far one of my favorite lenses! It often doesn’t come off my cameras, because it does everything and does it superbly! It takes incredible action shots with edge to edge clarity, portraits with beautiful background blur, has a nice creamy bokeh that’s more subtle and realistic, does awesome landscapes, wildlife, night shots, low light photos, videos and on and on. Truly the most versatile lens in both focal range and quality. Love it.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around lens- July 26, 2018
I replaced my 24-70mm Zeiss for this and am very happy with it. It is heavier, larger, than the 24-70 but that is to be expected. I have 5 Sony FE lenses and this one is on my camera the most due to it's versatility and quality. I am no pro but am an avid hobbyist who uses Lightroom for post. The images I've gotten with this lens appear to be quite sharp across the frame at almost all focal lengths and maybe getting a little soft at the corners at 24mm. Overall, though, I find this lens to be better than the 24-70 but not by much. The 24-70 Zeiss lens is also very good and substantially less expensive but the extra zoom and IQ of this 24-105 makes it worth it to me. Highly recommended!