Sony 1080p Upconverting DVD Player (DVPSR510H)
- Upscales DVDs to Full HD 1080p quality so you get a near high definition picture that brings out the finest detail in every scene.
- Fast and slow playback with sound lets you advance through scenes quickly without missing any of the dialogue - you never know when you might hear a memorable line!
- The Sony Precision Cinema Progressive system detects image changes at the pixel level, resulting in a picture that is more faithful to the source - whether film or video. This system also processes the moving and still parts of an image to deliver sharp backgrounds with moving objects that are virtually free from artifacts.
- Multiple-disc resume allows you to power on your player and return to the last scene you were watching on up to six of your most previously watched discs without having to search.
- Bring your photos to life and enjoy highly detailed, Full HD 1920 x 1080p images with the PhotoTV HD mode. PhotoTV HD works with select Sony cameras and this DVD player and HDMI output to fine tune sharpness, gradation, and colour, displaying images that more closely match the look of printed photos (HDMI cable sold separately).
- Includes support for enhanced audio formats such as DTS, DTS ES, Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, Dolby Pro Logic IIz, and Dolby Digital EX.
- View movies and photos and listen to music using this DVD player with multiple format playback.
- Power Cable
- Composite Cable
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 4903 reviewers who responded, 4655 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Very pleased- December 10, 2013
I bought this product after purchasing a new Samsung HDTV and discovering the distorted images my old DVD was now producing on my new TV. I did not want to purchase a Blue Ray player as I no longer purchase DVDs. This product was the right solution for me. The picture quality is very good and the sound quality is good to very good - it doesn't seem to have quite the depth my old DVD player did but I can live with it. It's very small and I find it hard to see the symbols on the buttons in my stereo cabinet without added light. If you find yourself in a situation similar to mine, this is a very good solution at a very good price.
Not helpful (0)Report
- New dvd- April 22, 2022
This brand new dvd player works well for me, no problems so far indeed.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good No-Frills Player- December 15, 2016
I bought this DVD player in a pinch, so I didn't have time to review it, but it has turned out to be a good purchase. I like the fact that it's a simple to use, no frills DVD player. It's not smart with apps, it's not 3D, blah blah blah. It just plays upconverted DVDs, and it leaves the rest for fancier machines. And I really appreciate that it has a HDMI out. Some of the other budget DVD players only had RCA out, and I think that's silly in a digital world. Finally, though I think it's a good player, I felt the price was a bit high for such old technology. For the price, you can nearly get some bluray players. But no other regrets.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding value- February 6, 2021
This DVD/CD player is well worth the cost. It does everything I want at 1/3 the size and cost of my old unit.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor product Terrible Sony Service- March 5, 2018
Tried to return but 15 days had passed. After much time on phone with Sony they agreed it was defective. Had to return to them & wait for a replacement. Recently received replacement & having different problems with it. Tried live chat but no help. Called the 800 # from my original case & was told they couldn't answer my call due to technical problem. Have now been on hold with the number from chat for 30 minutes due to high call volume. Please run away from buying this product. I could have purchased at least 5 other players with the cost of my time trying to get one of Sony's to work ( even at minimum wage). Worst product & service I have ever encountered..No, I would not recommend this to a friend.