Sony E-Mount Full-Frame FE 50mm f/1.8 Portrait Prime Lens
The Nifty Fifty
- This FE 50mm (75mm on an APS-C sensor) fixed focal length prime lens gives you the ideal focal length for street photographs, portraits, and close-up photography.
- An f/1.8 maximum aperture allows this lens to excel in low-light conditions. So, the photos of your late-night stroll in Times Square, after seeing your first Broadway show, will come out in sharp detail.
Keep your focus
- The lens's DC motor focus actuator system achieves fast autofocusing with a short minimum focusing distance so you get sharp, detailed photos. Whether you're photographing a street performer in Central Park or capturing your friends competing in the NYC marathon, quick autofocusing is crucial when you're trying to capture action.
- The 9-blade circular aperture lets you create a bokeh effect with round blurred defocused points of light instead of the usual and less appealing polygonal shape. Plus the maximum f/1.8 aperture offers smooth, natural defocusing and a very shallow depth of field.
- The aspherical lens design reduces spherical aberrations delivering high sharpness and contrast for significantly improved image accuracy and quality. The design also reduces the overall number of elements needed so you get a more compact, lightweight prime lens.
- The lens's double-gauss element configuration prevents distortion and field curvature, ensuring your subject stays sharp throughout the image.
- This compact, lightweight lens with durable metal mount is compatible with all E-mount mirroless cameras.
- Lens Rear Cap
- Lens Front Cap
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1155 reviewers who responded, 1076 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Good lense for the price- February 15, 2021
Good lense for the price. I use this lense for my kids portraits and my barber pictures. It does everything i need it to do. I read some reviews talking about how slow it is in autofocus and the picture quality and my reply is u get wat u pay for. Its one of the cheapest lenses sony makes. Nonetheless a great lense for the price i have absolutely no issue with this lense at all. I paired it w/ a sony a7riv simply to jus have something to shoot with upon purchase until i can get another lense because I completely switched from canon and im starting from scratch. This lense on 50 full frame is waaay wider than on my canon crop sensor so it took some getting used to but it literally was jus an adjustment. Good buyYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lens for the money!- August 17, 2019
I’m an amateur photographer and I think for the price this lens is great!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little lens.- June 20, 2019
I wanted an inconspicuous lens to mount on my Sony a73. The G master lenses are very large and draw too much attention and situations where you need to use caution. I recently traveled to a Third World country. I did not feel secure walking freely with a large set up. I bought this lens. The size of the lens and weight allowed me to move freely and capture what I intended without unwanted attention. In a world of dizzying sharpness and fascination with ultra clear images, This lens is not it. However, there is a very likable personality with this 50 mm. This has become my go to street lens.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value.- April 20, 2017
Older tech focus motor is a bit noisy and a tad sluggish compared to some of Sony's speedier lenses, but it is not that bad in either regard. But... Sharp on center. Great bokeh. Thin DOF. Great colors. Exactly what I expect from a nifty fifty.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid value at a very good price.- February 26, 2021
I really like this little lens. The only negative is the lack on on-lens image stabilization. The f/1.8 is fast enough for most situations I'm in, and at higher f-stops image sharpness seems outstanding to me. I've only used it in winter, so I don't know how it will do in very colorful environments, but the generally monochromatic settings have been fine.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns