Sony STR-DH590 5.2 Channel 4K Ultra HD Home Theatre AV Receiver
Finest Picture Quality
- The 4K pass through ensures the picture quality consistently maintains its 4K resolution at 60p
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) support provides deeper colors and richer contrasts
- HDCP 2.2 compatible
- 5.2 Ch x 145W per channel (6ohms, 1kHz, 1ch THD 0.9 percent)
- Features Dolby TrueHD and dts HD Enhanced Audio Codecs
- Boasts FM Radio with 30-station presets
- Metal framework and power amplifier reduces distortion and vibration for a crisp sound quality
- S-Force Pro Front Surround creates an immersive surround-sound atmosphere with just two speakers in smaller rooms
- Digital Theater Auto Calibration allows you to fine-tune the sound output based on your position relative to the speakers
Connectivity and Control
- Bluetooth compatibility allows you to play media from your mobile device
- Full arsenal of input/output terminals, including 4 HDMI input ports, for all your devices
- Compact size with low profile means minimal space requirement in your media center
- Simple LED display and 2 dials on the face of the receiver provides an uncluttered minimal design
- Remote (RMT-AA401U)
- FM Antenna
- Calibration Mic (Mono)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1975 reviewers who responded, 1835 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Sounds Great But... Annoying Home Screen pops up- April 16, 2019
When ever you turn on the TV, HOME SCREEN pops up. You need to wait an unusually long time for it to go away or hit Home button on TV. After an exhausting internet search, it is by design. If you hook up ARC to TV - it will not appear. After figuring out how to turn on feature that allows sound to come from SMART TV this DUMB Feature occurs. Solution, have data only go TV not Back to unit. So if you use Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube... Turn off Stereo and use TV Volume only. This set up was for my Senior Parents. They expect it to work when you turn it on with ONE remote. It got old in 3 days. Returned and shopping for a new solution.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Bluetooth is not pairing- April 29, 2019
Blue Tooth on this receiver will not pair with Blue Tooth Head Phone. All the information I have seen on this product indicates that this Sony STR-DH590 A/V Receiver, IS BLUE TOOTH COMPATIBLE. I am hearing impaired and want blue tooth head phones for listening to my music and for listening to my TV without blowing the windows out. I am extremely disappointed in Sony. I am well into my twilight years have purchased many Sony products all my life, still have many of them in my home... I would be more than happy to hear from Sony regarding this matter. Please note I do not read the owners manuals prior to purchasing and item. DaveNo, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome... for the price- June 21, 2019
I bought this unit on sale to replace a dying Pioneer unit I've had for 10 years. Unfortunately I didn't nice this was a 5 channel unit and I really needed 7 channels. Just drawing your attention to this in case it matters for you too. My setup is a hodgepodge of old and new players and accessories, so I suffered another small hiccup because this unit ONLY has HDMI inputs. I needed several RCA inputs for my older hardware so I was forced to buy some adapters to get everything operational. The unit has good power, doesn't get overly hot in our entertainment cabinet, and setup/configuration via the unit's wizards was slick. Great unit for the price!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.